It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

mema13 HB User
hospital says I had a "panic attack"

I went to a great New Years party package at a hotel. We had a great time. My Husband and I went to bed. The next thing that was really clear to me is that it was hours later and a nurse was telling me I could wake up and leave the hospital. I had been taken there by ambulance. I remember brief sketchy moments, that's all. My husband says I woke him struggling to breath. He could understand nothing I could say. It was all gibberish except I was grabbing my throat and saying "tight". I was making gasping growling sounds. The next day my throat was painful.
The hospital did bloodwork and a ct of my head and a cardiac workup, even checked to see if someone slipped something into a drink (I remember nothing of this). I did have alcohol that night, but was not drunken. Was feeling fine. I don't know what they gave me at the hospital, but I felt really drugged. My husband thought I was dying.
I can't even give a list of symptoms. I have no memory. Really afraid of something like this happening again. Is this a panic attack? Really?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

Shelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB User
Re: hospital says I had a "panic attack"

wow, what memories ur story brings back ... 14 yrs ago, I had almost the same experience ... I remember the feeling of not being able to breath right, trip to er ... they too said a panic attack, and they too gave me something that made me feel so drugged out ... since then, I have worried about it happening again ... it is a horrible cycle ... I am now in perio menopause and I have had anxiety attacks, but not that severe anymore, thankfully ... go to ur reg dr and maybe he can give u advice ... sounds like a bad panic attack, but not being a dr, I can only tell u of my experience ... dont give up, there is help out there, we just have to find it ... hope u have a good day today!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

fallin apart HB Userfallin apart HB Userfallin apart HB User
Re: hospital says I had a "panic attack"

having never had one before, I can only tell you what I have heard others say that is a terrible feeling of not being able to breath. Go to your doc. If it IS a panic attack issue he/she should be able to give you something that will help if it happens again...something to help keep you calm.

Last edited by fallin apart; 01-12-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
attack, panic, symptoms