It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
(female)

1chris1 HB User
Can anyone answer?

Hello,
I am so ill with thyroid symptoms and I also have fibro and Lupus. I don't have health insurance but I do go to a local health clinic and get treament when I can afford to go. I have not been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, but after much research I am very sure I have some sort of thyroid problem going on. My dilema is now I am so weak and fatigued that I cannot make it to the clinic to see a doctor. I sleep all day. I have brain fog and cannot think straight to save my life. How am I supposed to take care of myself? This one is kicking my rear end. I am in bed all of the time. The clinic keeps telling me my thyroid is normal. I just needed to for someone to hear me out. Thanks. Sorry for the spelling. I also find my depression is at it's worst every. It is beyond moderate.

Last edited by 1chris1; 01-08-2013 at 02:07 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to 1chris1:
mayfliesmayfly (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

northfortyfarm HB Usernorthfortyfarm HB User
Re: Can anyone answer?

So sorry you are dealing with this. You need to get your thyroid results so that you can see what they consider "normal." If my dr hadn't decided to treat me 12 years ago- tsh 5.16 with awful hypo symptoms- I would have lost the last decade of my life. I've read that they should consider patients hypothyroid when they have a tsh of 2 or greater & have symptoms. The reference range is too broad and dr.s might not treat if you fall within the range even with obvious hypo symptoms. In this case, you need to find a new dr.
I am also uninsured & have found that if I order my blood tests from an online company that has a local lab, I pay half as much as when the dr. draws the blood & sends it to the same lab (the lab bills me, not the dr & still I pay twice as much!). I can order tests that my current dr won't look at (he is only interested in the tsh), but will help me be prepared for my appointment with the next dr.
As bad as you feel, you won't feel better until you get the treatment you need. Get your results & post them with the ranges & I'm sure someone here can help guide you in the right direction

The following user gives a hug of support to northfortyfarm:
1chris1 (01-08-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to northfortyfarm For This Useful Post:
Macey5 (01-08-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
(female)

1chris1 HB User
Re: Can anyone answer?

NorthFortyFarm,
Thank you so much for your reply. If you don't mind can you give me the name of the online lab that you use, and a ballpark of what it ends up costing? Don't know if we are allowed to do this but I thought I would ask.

Reply Reply

Tags
brain fog, fatigue, fibro, lupus, thyroid