It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
(male)

JCisLord HB User
Medication w/ symptoms and labs sound right?

Hello all,

I am a 27 year old male, and for a while now the past year or two I have experienced major inconsistencies in my energy levels throughout the day, coupled with anxiety and worry (which seems all too common among the population in todays economy), mood swings you name it. I have been fairly inactive exercise-wise during this time as well. Also part of the back story was previous anabolic steroid use for a year or two in my early twenties which I understand can have an effect on all of this.

I was having panic episodes and feeling REAL physical symptoms of tightness in my chest, tingling arms, ect and went to the hospital to have them tell me my heart was fine and it was panic.

I went to a natureopathic doctor shortly there-after and he tested me free T3 and my cortisol levels.

in deciliter terms my freet3 levels were 340 or 3.4mL and he said he would like to see that between 400-500

My cortisol levels were 4.6 which he explained should be greater than 10.

Now I am not a doctor so the values dont mean much to me, but what does seem to be comforting is something to point to for the way I have been feeling.

I asked about adrenal fatigue and DHEA and he wants to test DHEA levels as well as a testosterone/estrogen workup.

He gave me i-throid iodine 12.5mg tablets because he is a huge proponent for iodine and its benefits and from the research I have seen it looks promising.

For the cortisol he has ordered me Hydrocortisol tablets 2.5mg 2x/day

For the thyroid he has me on Nature-Throid 65 mg tablets taking half in the morning and half right before lunch.

Anything to worry about interaction wise between these three? Let me explain a lot of my anxiety early on was health related so I don't want to be wigging out about medication LOL.

I am also on day 14 of a strict Paleo diet regimen and plan on getting back into the gym for my own well being. Really trying to clean up my life again and the Paleo thing is really going well but I dont want to have any adverse affects be it from the diet or the medication. I just started the iodine and thyroid today and the cortisol should get here Monday.

What do you guys make out of this maybe diagnosis-wise or do you have any other idea of test I should have run?

Thanks in advance this board seems like a wealth of knowledge and friendly people all battling the same things together. I certainly appreciate any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
(male)

JCisLord HB User
Re: Medication w/ symptoms and labs sound right?

I might also add that for the past 4 years I have smoked cigarettes which I am in the process of quitting. This is one thing I believe would greatly affect how I feel as well. Im affirming my relationship with God so I do not have as much worry or anxiety anymore knowing that He has saved me from damnation and walks by my side in my current circumstances, but i do not want to damage my body any further with my own selfish desires and kill myself slowly in the process by smoking...

I just thought that might be a helpful piece to the puzzle.

Reply Reply