It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #1
(female)

SKassem HB User
Puffy eyes, Droppy Eyelids, Wrinkles & TTC

Hi,
Ive had Hypothyroidism for 6 years, been on 100 MCG Eltroxin & 25 MCG Liothyronine, I felt amazing after 3 years of agony trying to find the perfect dose. Then I got pregnant, miscarried and started becoming Hyperthyroid this is when I realised I've had a 0.01 TSH for around 4 years and my first Dr. didnt do anything about it. I've been TTC and realised I wasnt so I started to look for another Dr. that took me off Liothyronine and been testing every 6 weeks since, its been around 18 weeks now and my TSH just came up to 0.089 and my T3 is low, t4 is normal.

Now: I have an appointment with another Dr. but in London, England and he says that I might have been wrongfully diagnosed and that I could have secondary hypo not primary. Ive had a list of new symptoms ive never had before, like: vertigo for a month, wrinkles, puffy & droopy eyelids, I feel like ive aged 5 years in 3 months.

I just hope it will be okay and i will feel better again. I feel bad for my husband, Im constantly tired and whinny and he will never understand what Ive went through and going through again now. Also I really do hope I can get pregnant with these thyroid issues

The following user gives a hug of support to SKassem:
lisa789 (01-10-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: Puffy eyes, Droppy Eyelids, Wrinkles & TTC

Welcome to the board although I'm sorry for the reason you're here.

Please note you can have a perfectly healthy baby with thyroid problems yet its important to first get your levels optimalised and then get pregnant. The baby relies fully on your thyroid hormone the first trimester so this is crucial.

the puffy eyes is due to the low FT3 at this point (and the other symptoms) once your levels are better again, the symptoms should improve.

please note low TSH does not mean a person hyperT. (definitely not when one is on T3 medication which is known to be a TSH suppressant so your doctor was righ not to dose based on TSH and to ignore that -very few doctors are aware of that), in order to know whether a person is hyperT (or in this case taking too much thyroid supplementation) FT4 and FT3 are the levels to rely on.

hope you get to feel better soon and hang in there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #3
(female)

SKassem HB User

Thank you very much for yor reply, I'm worried I have a problem with my pituitory with such a low TSH, I really hope it's nothing though. Thank you for the information about the pregnancy because I wasn't being careful at all in hope of getting pregnant but ill prevent until I see the dr.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

first you want your levels being good and stable, then you can get pregnant and deliver a perfectly healthy baby. Yet it's important to know that that order is important. Once pregnant a close follow up of your levels will be needed and the dosage will need to be adjusted (since in the beginning the baby relies fully on your thyroid hormone, the dosage will need to be increased).

the intake of T3 is known to be a tsh suppressant, so although it's good to have everything checked and ruled out, so I'd definitely do that but other then that I would not worry about the pituitary issues at this point.

Reply Reply

Tags
hypothyroid, puffy eyes, thyroid, wrinkles