It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
(male)

thyroiddepressn HB User
Re: What medication would you ask for high Anti TPO/TSH?

Thank you, I will update once I've gotten my results on Feb 27 and seen the new doctor! In the meantime I've done a major research marathon on every vitamin that exists and the best foods to get them from and buying whatever is needed from organic shops, as well as no vitamin pills, etc going full natural. So maybe my diet will help, because honestly, I haven't been eating too well since forever.

The following user gives a hug of support to thyroiddepressn:
Bran'sNana (02-04-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
(male)

thyroiddepressn HB User

Hi again!

So I went to my appointment today and did a throat X-Ray to check for the nodule my endo sent me for and when I asked the doctor if he saw anything, he was like: Heck YEA! He said "You have many little nodules all over, not just the one you're endo sent you here for!"

I'm glad to say that I have found an amazing doctor and the copies of the xray will be going to him too and to my endo (Soon to be Ex-Endo) that way I will see what both have to say.

I found this interesting as I was researching nodules: Some symptoms of thyroid nodules include palpitations, insomnia, weight loss, anxiety, and tremors, common in hyperthyroidism. Common hypothyroidism symptoms might include weight gain, fatigue, depression. Some people will cycle back and forth between hyperthyroid and hypothyroid symptoms. Others may have difficulty swallowing, a feeling of fullness, pain or pressure in the neck, a hoarse voice, or neck tenderness. And finally, many people have nodules with no obvious symptoms related to thyroid dysfunction at all.

The part where some people can cycle between hyper and hypo would apply to me 100%! I'm glad I am switching to a semi private clinic where you pay a bit but they take their time and listen to you and not act like overconfident bafoons... Thx guys!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-27-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

Good for you, keep researching, it will only help you!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
(male)

thyroiddepressn HB User

Hi again,

So the results of my ultra sound came:

"Ultrasound of the Thyroid With Duplex Doppler:

The left lobe of the thyroid showed multiple nodules. The largest was more proximal in location measuring 8.5 x 9.5 x 12 mm and showed a very thick hyperechoic margin with isoechoic center. Two additional similar nodules were seen in the anterior part of the left lobe measuring 8.5 and 4.5 mm respectively. In addition, the left lobe shows an abnormal texture. It appears quite hypoechoic and has micronodular pattern in it. These types of findings are quite suggestive of Hashimoto's disease.

The isthmus appeared normal.

The right side showed a somewhat different appearing nodule in the lower pole, which showed an echogenic texture and relatively thin hypoechoic border. It measured 7.2 x 9.5 x 13.4 mm.

An additional smaller nodule was seen in the medial aspect of the right lobe, which showed the appearance similar to the lesions on the left side with thick border measuring 6 mm in diameter.

Duplex Doppler study was obtained, which showed surprisingly extensive vascularity involving the thyroid lobes but especially the nodules with very vascular borders but also in the texture.

Diagnosis:

The complex findings suggested underlying texture of possible Hashimoto's disease. In addition, three nodules were seen on the left side and two on the right side in addition to a few micronodules and microcysts. The nodules were unusual in appearance as described and the largest on the left side may warrant a needle biopsy."

I started reading on the internet on some website that some of these nodules could be malignant, so I hurried up and went to a private clinic and had a biopsy done on the 2 largest ones, one on the left and one on the right as well as a Laryngoscopy Diagnostic because my throat is starting to feel inflated a bit and the fact that I have been splitting some phlegm (Clear and sometimes brownish) in the morning for years now... I thought it was the smoking but not sure now since I've stopped smoking 4 months ago.

Also, my heart started getting some stabbing feeling last week and some pressure on it, this lasted 5 days....

I'm feeling very anxious and Very irritable... I will meet with the doctor who did the biopsy for a follow up March 26th... Not sure if I need medication for thyroid or for anxiety anymore...

I also got some T3 tests done and will get those results on April 3rd than I will go see the Endo as well...

I feel like a mess right now but at least all this is getting done...

Any advice or Comments appreciated...

Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
(female)

beacon800 HB User

good luck with the test results!! Hope they are all benign. Definitely scary but hope for the best for you. You have done a great job advocating for yourself and getting the help you need.

The Following User Says Thank You to beacon800 For This Useful Post:
thyroiddepressn (03-26-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
(female)

Withered HB User

Thanks for sharing all of these posts because I am going through my own thyroid "hell" with my primary care doc. I've been on synthroid for about 30 years. I've never thought my dose was right because I've always had all the classic symptoms of hypothyroidism, and my dose helped, but didn't fix the symptoms all together. When I would tell my dr this she said it was impossible because my tests were within the normal range and wouldn't consider that it might not be"my normal". This has gone on for years...so one time my numbers changed a little so she lowered my dose. Within weeks my symptoms were full on hypo, worse than ever before. My heath has gone downhill quicky since the dose changed and she keeps telling me its normal. So I finally had it and decided to find a new primary care dr. Then fire the one I have. Who knew how hard that it would be!!! The two doctors I called today are my daughters doctors, and they think these docs hung the moon. The first one said they are taking new patients, but the first opening was over a year out, and my doc would have to submit all my records and the new dr chooses her patients and if I were lucky enough to be selected, they would call me. I called the other doc and at first I was hopeful because I could get an appt. In July or Aug. Then the lady on the phone said she had to read a prepared statement to any prospective new patient. Basically they said they don't treat anyone with any chronic medical conditions, adult ADHD, lung problems, no Medicaid and limited Medicare did any of these apply to me. I just became eligible for Medicare at the first of the year. She told me that being on Medicare wasn't a deal breaker, but having a chronic illness would rule me out. She also told me that most of the doctors in our area look at your records before they decide if they will accept you. I don't live in a tiny city but she cautioned me that if other doctors know or like her, they just won't take you because its a professional courtesy, and that's why they've been requiring your charts first. I was warned to be careful because if my doctor of about 15 years finds out I'm shopping for a new dr, she can drop me as a patient and I wouldn't have any dr. She said she's seen it happen!

Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #22
(male)

Stumbo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyroiddepressn View Post
Hi again!

So I went to my appointment today and did a throat X-Ray to check for the nodule my endo sent me for and when I asked the doctor if he saw anything, he was like: Heck YEA! He said "You have many little nodules all over, not just the one you're endo sent you here for!"

I'm glad to say that I have found an amazing doctor and the copies of the xray will be going to him too and to my endo (Soon to be Ex-Endo) that way I will see what both have to say.

I found this interesting as I was researching nodules: Some symptoms of thyroid nodules include palpitations, insomnia, weight loss, anxiety, and tremors, common in hyperthyroidism. Common hypothyroidism symptoms might include weight gain, fatigue, depression. Some people will cycle back and forth between hyperthyroid and hypothyroid symptoms. Others may have difficulty swallowing, a feeling of fullness, pain or pressure in the neck, a hoarse voice, or neck tenderness. And finally, many people have nodules with no obvious symptoms related to thyroid dysfunction at all.

The part where some people can cycle between hyper and hypo would apply to me 100%! I'm glad I am switching to a semi private clinic where you pay a bit but they take their time and listen to you and not act like overconfident bafoons... Thx guys!

Based on my experiences, I suggest you have your B vitamin and D3 levels checked. My B12 was 545 and Doc said is was okay. I took supplements and increased to 1045 and got rid of my irritability, moodiness and a good part of my fatigue. Also, raising my D3 from 23 to 37 help a lot with fatigue and depressive symptoms.

Good luck.

Last edited by Stumbo; 03-12-2013 at 02:21 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stumbo For This Useful Post:
thyroiddepressn (04-10-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
(male)

thyroiddepressn HB User

Thank you I will look into the B12 supplements! Which brand did you take?

So I saw my endo and he gave me a prescription of 0.025 Synthroid and said to get another blood test done in June. Then I went to see my other doctor a week later and he showed me the TSH results and they were 10.30! T3 Free and T4 Free were normal. HE gave me a prescription of 0.05 Synthroid!

I just faxed all this to my endo and awaiting his answer...which would you take? I also still have major irritability hmmm...

Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #24
(male)

Stumbo HB User

I suggest you have all your vitamin levels checked as well. Increasing my B12 levels from 545 to 1100 and D from 23 to 67 relieved many symptoms: extreme irritability, anxiety, hair pulling, nail picking, short-term memory problems and a lot of my fatigue. No colds/flu/sinus infections for about 4 years.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #25
(male)

Stumbo HB User

Based on my experiences with Synthroid, I would take the higher dose. When adjusting Synthroid, based on what I read from the Synthroid data sheet, testing every six weeks is fine and will get you to the appropriate level twice as fast as appts. every 12 weeks.

I suggest possibly finding another Endo that is more up-to-date or sticking with the one who raised your initial dose. Not all Endos, IME, have done the right thing by me.

I'd request an appt in six weeks and see how you respond to Synthroid. If there's not much movement, increasing the dose by .50 will get you there sooner.

I take Solgar 32K liquid OTC B12 daily (keep under tongue for 30 secs) . Even though my level was not low (545), I found that raising it to 1100 (top of scale) relieved many symptoms of irritability, short term memory problems, anxiety, nail biting/hair pulling. My levels now are around 800.

I take liquid 4k units of D3 daily. My level is 37 (up from 23). My level did go up to 67 a couple of summers ago but at that time I spent many hours per week in the sun. Now I need to start sitting outside most days for 15 to 30 minutes.

No doctor can tell you what your optimal levels of any medication/supplements are. Even for my Synthroid, which was .150 for a couple of years. I was still feeling fatigued and after fixing my sleep and exercise, asked the doc to raise my dosage to 175 to see if it would help. It did. Now I'm on .175 every other day and 187.50 (125+1/2 of 125) in between. I also take 5 gr. of T3 daily as well.

Good luck with your treatments. Always ask questions, get copies of lab work (ask the nurse) at the beginning of appointment so you can take notes on it. Record BP and weight each time.

Don't wait to ask for an increase of Synthroid (or whatever you're prescribed). As long as you're not in the Hypothyroid levels you're okay. Even if you go a little hypo, have the doc titrate you down slowly so you can keep your energy up.

Also, there are some good books on Hypothyroid that I've found on Amazon.

Good luck.

Last edited by Stumbo; 04-11-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #26
(female)

salbrecht HB User

Hi there,

I see you posted in January so I'm hoping you have gotten your depression under control.

Please note that your depression can very well stem from your thyroid. When my levels are off depression is one of my first symptoms.

It's sad that we have to have such difficulty in finding a doctor who will treat us for our symptoms. They all mostly look at us like we are crazy which is insulting. I myself am on my 4th doctor and he is willing to treat me for my symptoms. All my levels are within range but on the low end ...but I still have symptoms as I have high antibodies and hashi's. So we are now going to start watching which levels I feel best at and adjust my meds accordingly.

Don't give up. You know your body. If your doctor is not willing to work with you...move on. Not only endocrinologists can treat you..internal med docs can too. I tried the endo route...that proved to be a joke. I have so many symptoms its almost ridiculous. I actually keep a list in my cell phone (in my shopping list app because it allows me to uncheck or check ). This way I can show my doctor and then nothing is forgotten.

I wish you the best in this frustrating journey. I am happy I found this forum as I to am looking for answers.

Shawn

Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #27
(male)

thyroiddepressn HB User

Hi, just want to let you all know that ever since we increased the synthroid dosage to 0.05, I've been feeling great! The irritability has almost stopped, I am also taking a vitamin b12 supplement and good vitamin d from the sun so maybe that's helping too! Thank you all! I have another blood test in late june. Will try and write back.

Reply Reply

Tags
thyroid