It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
(male)

nkochath1 HB User
Got bloodwork done not sure if I have a thyroid issue or not..

Hey guys i'm not sure if I have hypothyroidism for sure. I originally went to the doctor because over the last year or so my face has become generally puffy and bloated looking to the point where others have commented on it. I'm a 19 year old male 5 7 and around 145 lbs 9% body fat (caliper tested) so its not an issue of being fat. My face used to be really skinny and chiseled when I was in highschool as I was a 3 sport athlete. Now even though I still wrestle, workout and run my face seems to be retaining a lot of water.

I decided to go to the doctor and he ran some routine blood work and I received these results. I'm not sure If i should post this in here or lab results as I'm not even sure if I have a thyroid problem yet. My doctor did refer me to the endocrinologist but he said for the cortiosl levels not the thyroid.

He only tested tested cortisol once and I thought to see if you had a problem you would want it tested AM and PM. My test was in the AM so I thought it being high isn't a huge issue. Also my TSH value is in range yet my total t4 and t3 levels are low I'm not sure how to interpret this. I decided to come to this forum as you guys seem well educated on the topic and I'd really value your input while I wait to see my endo.

I do not have any real symptoms of hypo that I've read about. The only thing is a really puffy face for the last year or so. I've noticed that compared to other people I usually feel colder at the same temperature especially my hands and my feet. Also the bottom/soles of my feet hurt a decent amount but I'm not sure if thats related to my running or not. I have been feeling generally down mentally as having a constantly puffy face is ruining my self confidence.

Test / Value / Range
Glucose/ 101(high)/ 65-99
Bilirubin, total / 1.6 (high) / 0.2-1.1mg/dL
Cholesterol, total / 181 (high) / 125-170mg/dl
hdl cholesterol 77 / (high) / 31-65mg/dl

TSH / 1.24 / 0.5-4.30 mIU/L
T4, total / 4.8 (low) / 5.6-14.9 mcg/dl
T3, total / 65 (low) / 76-181 ng/dL

Cortisol, total, serum / 22.0 (high) / AM: 4.0-22.0 mcg/dL or PM: 3.0-17.0 mcg/dL

Collected: 12/29/12, 12:11

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply