It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

bishrl HB User
Advice on recent labs

Hi all. I just had some recent labs done for chronic subclavical node swelling and pain in my thyroid area. would love to know what you all think about them

D. Dimer 388 range <200
TSH 2.14 range 034-4.82
T4 Total 7.8 range 4.7-13.3
T3 Uptake 34.0 range 31-39
TSI <89 baseline <140
Reverse T3 22 range
thyrogloublin AB 26 range <20
TPO Ab 101 range <35

I was having chest pain for like 4 days straight with alot of SOB. then all of a sudden i was sitting on the couch and i felt this weird sensation in my head like a rush of hot, cold and extreme dizziness all of a sudden, it was a horrible feeling. I jumped to my feet and told my husband that something was wrong and to call 911. I thought i was having an aneurysm. went to ER and after a cardiac work up all was clear with my heart but a high d dimer sent me for a lung perfusion scan which came back clear of a blood clot in my lungs. They sent me home to follow up with my dr. I have a brain MRI end of this month but man that was the scariest thing ever. Anyone ever felt that before? Months ago, my dr compared my antibodies with a thyroid ultrasound and said i had thyroiditis but the rest of my levels are fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Advice on recent labs

I don't see how your MD could say all your thyroid levels are "fine", because he didn't even run the most accurate tests. Free T4 is much more accurate for women than total T4. T3 uptake is a useless waste of time, money, and blood sample. And he should have run a free T3 as well.

That said, your T4 is suspiciously low to be "normal". For most healthy women, it would be in the top part of its range. And your TSH is above 2, which is also an indication that your thyroid isn't functioning up to par.

It isn't enough for TSH, T4, and T3 to be merely within range. You have points within those ranges that are your "normal", just as you have one shoe size within the standard size range that you can comfortably wear.

I'm not entirely sure how to interpret that TSI level. I do know that any titer of TSI is abnormal, even that which is technically below range. No thyroid-healthy person should have TSI antibodies. I've never seen a result expressed the way yours is, so I'm uncertain what to make of it... Whether it's positive or negative.

It appears to me that your symptoms are due to an underfunctioning thyroid gland that has been damaged by Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I'd be insisting on treatment for it now.

Reply Reply