HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Thyroid Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/)
-   -   Could it be Hyperthyroidism?? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/935342-could-hyperthyroidism.html)

Lotzproblemzz 01-14-2013 04:35 PM

Could it be Hyperthyroidism??

hello, Ive been treated for ADD, Depression, Asthma, allergies, and nothing seems to help my fatigue. I always feel like i could fall asleep, the only thing that keeps me awake is my adderall. I feel like a zombie during the day, i feel like I can only intake information and its hard to show any emotion. I also get hot alot and when i lay down i seem to hold my breath for no reason. Ive got a doctors appointment coming up to review my bloodwork. Im currently taking lexapro, adderall, claritin d, symbicort, and qnasl. Any opinions are much appreciated.

FinnMaid 01-15-2013 08:37 AM

Re: Could it be Hyperthyroidism??

Hello :wave: Welcome to Thyroid Board :)
Yes you could have a thyroid problem. To get to the bottom of this you should get a proper set of tests, TSH alone is not enough to assess thyroid function. You should get freeT4 (direct, not index), freeT3 (not uptake or total) and thyroid antibodies (TPO and TG AB, TSI too if you're suspecting hyperthyroidism) tested along with TSH. Get a copy of all of your (thyroid related) results and post them here with their reference ranges (ref. ranges vary from lab to lab so you'll need to know Your lab's ranges), we can have a look at them and give you our opinion. Being "within range" doesn't automatically mean there's nothing wrong with your thyroid.

SGChapelHill 04-06-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Could it be Hyperthyroidism??

[QUOTE=Lotzproblemzz;5117321]hello, Ive been treated for ADD, Depression, Asthma, allergies, and nothing seems to help my fatigue. I always feel like i could fall asleep, the only thing that keeps me awake is my adderall. I feel like a zombie during the day, i feel like I can only intake information and its hard to show any emotion. I also get hot alot and when i lay down i seem to hold my breath for no reason. Ive got a doctors appointment coming up to review my bloodwork. Im currently taking lexapro, adderall, claritin d, symbicort, and qnasl. Any opinions are much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hello Lotzproblemzz - I hope things have improved. Your symptoms sound exactly like mind, CPAP helps a great deal, however having hard time using it due to nasal blockage, had nasal surgery... still could not breath well, quite gluten and breathing started to improve, I think I am having a seasonal problem and started Qnasl and is starting to work.

For me, I feel pretty good IF:
- I get 4 nights of at least 6 hrs sleep w/cpap and no non-breathing episodes. (Requires good airflow through the nose which is very difficult for me)
- take my thyroid med / vitamins regularly
- eat well (like Whole Foods quality 95%)

You are not alone:)

Best wishes,
Stephen