It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

freckles66 HB User
Vanity Question

Hi...I was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's , and I am wondering if with treatment, will my physical symptoms (puffy face, neck, hair loss, weight gain) be reversed?

thanks!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Vanity Question

Hello Welcome to Thyroid Board
Yes with proper treatment you should return to normal, or at least almost normal. If your symptoms persist it is likely your medication is off (most likely too low) or the med doesn't suit you in some way. It does take time for your meds to work so you need to be patient but don't settle for anything - you need to have your labs checked every 6-8 weeks after each dose adjustment to see how your labs have changed and symptoms (hopefully) improved. Getting your labs "within range" isn't sufficient treatment - full symptom relief should be the goal. Make sure your doc checks your FreeTs along with TSH, treating based on TSH alone just doesn't cut it. Usually people need to have their TSH around 1 or lower and freeTs somewhere in the upper half of the range in order to be symptom free.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
(female)

freckles66 HB User

Thanks for the Info and the Hope! One weird thing I noticed...my formerly straight , randomly curly for about five years hair, seems to be reverting to it's former state. wild.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

thyroid and levels being off can do weird things to the hair, also that will improve and normalize when levels do.

Reply Reply