It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

Grmmy HB User
Help!!!! Throperoxidase at 6930!!

I have felt awful for so long. Panic attacks, weight gain, murky thinking, dry eyes, forgetfulness, the list goes on and on. What is wrong with me?? Finally get to see an endocrinolgist in a month. The reason why?? Too many visit to the ED for anaphylaxis. My new allergist did all these tests. I am taking 112 mcg of Synthroid right now with no relief, for 4 years.

TSH 5.78
Thyroglob Ab <20.0 0.0 - 40.0
C1 Ester Inh Ag 38 19 - 37
C1 Ester Inh Qnt >90

Thyroperox Ab 6930 <=34 !!!!!!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Help!!!! Throperoxidase at 6930!!

It's not so much the antibodies as it is the under-replacement of your thyroid hormones. Your dose is woefully inadequate, because your TSH would be near 1 or even lower if you were being optimally treated.

I hope the new doc will be better than the one you have now. But if he's like the majority of endos, don't get your hopes too high just yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
(male)

rather HB User

Well lots of Thyroid discussion we did here you can find the answer around the forum.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
(female)

Grmmy HB User

I think the biggest irritation I have is the pressure in my throat. I thought it was my neck being out of alignment. I have been going to the chiropractor and he was telling me it was fine. So, now I know what I am feeling is my thyroid.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

There aren't many symptoms caused by the antibodies themselves, but gland irritation and pain is definitely one of them. The others you mentioned are caused by the low thyroid hormone levels (hypothyroidism) that is the result of thyroid gland destruction by antibodies.

The thing is... Proper thyroid replacement would help reduce the antibody titer, which in turn would reduce the irritation and stop gland growth. You haven't been getting proper thyroid replacement, or else your TSH wouldn't be as high as it is.

A daily selenium dose might help reduce the antibodies, too. Start with 200 mcgs per day for one month, then reduce to 100 mcgs per day for maintenance. If you take a multivitamin, check the ingredients to be sure there isn't selenium in it. If there is, adjust the extra dose you take so you don't exceed 200 mcgs per day.

Start reading everything you can to prepare for the endo visit so you'll understand the basics of your condition. Thyroid for Dummies is an excellent source. So is our "Thyroid Information" sticky thread.

Good luck with the new MD!

Reply Reply