It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Do these symptoms fit hypothyroid ?

I'm going Friday to get tested however here are my symptoms : body temp never over 97.7 ever, fatigue, muscle tension and pain ( inner thigh,back,neck,legs,) almost burning sensation.When fatigued I sometimes get minor shortness of breath and heart palpatations.dizzy sometimes but not always.Super cold hands and feet and tip of nose,and waking up nervous feeling??***?? And constipated randomly.No weight gain because I've been trying elimination diet in case this was allergies so I lost weight cutting gluten,milk,soy,sugar and caffeine but not a whole lot of weight

Old 01-31-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
(female)

tanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB User
Re: Do these symptoms fit hypothyroid ?

I know nothing about thyroid issues...I was just looking around to find answers of my own and stumbled across your post....but I was just wondering, have you been assessed to see if you have sleep apnea ? I have all those symptoms with mine from loss of oxygen during the night. I left it untreated for so long that now I also have fibromyalgia because of it.
You say that you wake up feeling nervous...I wake up several times a night with palpitations because when you stop breathing during sleep, your brain will send a rush of adrenaline to wake you up to take a breath...making you feel nervous and have heart palpiations.
I get the aches and pains and dizziness from the loss of oxygen at night...I also often have shortness of breath.
Anyway, I just thought I would give you something else to look into because most people don't know that sleep apnea can cause alot of terrible symptoms.

Feel better soon !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

Would sleep apnea cause the symptoms to continue during the day as well like fatgue or muscle problens or just at night

Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
(female)

Yes, the sleep apnea affects me all day...fatigue, muscle pain and burning and weakness....it causes your body to never go into recovery mode at night because deep sleep is continually interrupted. Your whole body starts to suffer. I'm not saying that's what you have...it's just that several things you said described sleep apnea perfectly. The first time my doctor mentioned sleep apnea to me, I was mad and I thought he was insane. I didn't realize how serious it was and the results of my sleep study were shocking. I had no idea sleep apnea could do all that and it's also dangerous if left untreated. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor about it. Keep me updated !

Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
(male)

Thank you for the info I'm going to look into this for sure!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
(female)

Let me know what happens ! Good luck to you !

Reply Reply