It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
(female)

nami580 HB Usernami580 HB User
Results - Help

I have been told that I have Hashimotto's for a while but my results seem to be conflicting with what the details here within say.

T4 - 15.2 - Ranges 9-21 - And escalating
T 3 - 5.0 - Ranges 3.1-6.0 - and escalating
TSH 1.25 - .35-6.1 and diminishing

New endo took me off all meds to see if he can get a starting point - these results were when i was taking 100 mg of thyroxine

Both Anthibodies are in the high hundered"s nearly to the 1000's - this is the reason I beleive they think I am Hashi - I lose weight for no reason - sometime cannot eat for days as i am not hungry. Just sick and tired of Doctors saying it is possibly Menopause. If I were a man what would they put all my horrible symptoms too, the sweating the horid nails the bowel issues the shaky hands the pains in the joints the twitches in the muscles the nausea the tirednes - TED.....

I am so up and down and as in the past one side of my thyroid is full of nodules, large and small and the radiographer says I have Graves? (4 ultrasounds and nuvlear scan)

Please can yoy help with my confusion.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Results - Help

Antibodies in the high hundreds and multiple nodules - That's Hashimoto's - No "thinking" about it. The antibody activity can cause the nodules, but otherwise, don't cause the other symptoms. The hypothyroidism causes them.

Your labs appear suggestive that your dose might have been a little too high. If you felt well with them there, then I'd say not. But since you apparently didn't feel well with them there either, some evaluation of the situation is probably a good thing.

Being off thyroid hormone altogether for longer than about 6 weeks is probably a bad idea, though. How long is the endo's experiment set to run? What's his plan after that?

To know whether you're dealing with Graves', you MUST have a TSI antibody test. The radiography is okay as far as it goes, but it's outdated for diagnosis of Graves'. The TSI is more accurate. Insist on it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
(female)

nami580 HB Usernami580 HB User
Re: Results - Help

Dear MidWest

Thanks for your input - The TSI - that is the test that indicates if you have both isn't it?

I think some time ago I had that but the range only went down to 1.00.

I was lead to beleive that any number in the TSI range can be indicative of Hashi/Hyper - is there a way of gettting this checked -asked for - manually done - saliva etc.....as you are so well versed in this you know numbers are the indicator and I believe the range should be zero but they say under 1.00. At least if Zero any number would be an indicator.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Antibodies in the high hundreds and multiple nodules - That's Hashimoto's - No "thinking" about it. The antibody activity can cause the nodules, but otherwise, don't cause the other symptoms. The hypothyroidism causes them.

Your labs appear suggestive that your dose might have been a little too high. If you felt well with them there, then I'd say not. But since you apparently didn't feel well with them there either, some evaluation of the situation is probably a good thing.

Being off thyroid hormone altogether for longer than about 6 weeks is probably a bad idea, though. How long is the endo's experiment set to run? What's his plan after that?

To know whether you're dealing with Graves', you MUST have a TSI antibody test. The radiography is okay as far as it goes, but it's outdated for diagnosis of Graves'. The TSI is more accurate. Insist on it.

Reply Reply