It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #31
(female)

trisbee HB User
Re: what about hashi's with TSI?

I would continue synthroid, but maybe ask the doc to raise me 25mcg instead of 12.5 to see if it helps. Would also discuss possible treatments for additional symptoms such as tachy. Again this is what i would do knowing what i know now about hashi and what finally worked for me. Everyone is different in their disease state and how their systems handle the increased metabolism caused by increased t4 supplimentation. It wouldnt hurt to at least discuss your options with your endo. I was fortunate to find an osteopathic endo that specializes in metabolism. He listens to me a d we work as a team to determine treatment. And he trusts my input as much as i do his.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #32
(female)

naturegal76 HB Usernaturegal76 HB User
Re: what about hashi's with TSI?

I don't believe tpo is specific at all. High titers are often seen in hashis but that is not truly diagnostic by itself. It is a marker for thyroid inflammation. It can be seen in graves, chronic or acute thyroiditis. I was originally told I have hashis but just found out about the TSI only last week. Don't really know what that makes me now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #33
(female)

allhypedup HB User
Wink Re: what about hashi's with TSI?

I am having the same problem, only I haven't been on any thyroid meds for 3 months and am still having episodes of hyper--racing heart, anxiety, shaky, freezing cold and frequent BM's. Last night was one of those episodes. I took my BP meds and they helped with the racing heart and high blood pressure (that I don't normally have) but I still couldn't sleep all night! I am shaky and so anxious. My endo wants me to have a TT because he's tried everything else and nothing seems to work. I can not tolerate any thyroid meds since Feb. of 2013.
I've had a RAI uptake and thyroid scan which did not show graves...just two small nodules (neither hot nor cold) and only mildly swollen thyroid. I've had Hashi's since Dec. 2004
I want to have the surgery because I am so debilitated with these symptoms my life has come to a halt. The only thing is I'm afraid I won't feel any better as some people have had the TT and still have issues.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm beginning to feel desperate

Reply Reply

Tags
hashimotos, hypothyroid, thyroid, tpoab, tsi