It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Question Results...Symptoms...Need advice

For years I have wondered about thyroid being the cause of my many life long issues. I have always been very borderline low with TSH but Drs always refused to go further with testing because I was still within range.

Finally I went to a Dr who did order further testing last year. I will put the results below. He was not an endocrinologist and he was more interested in putting me on Progesterone even tho my range was fine with that. I am requesting a referral to see an Endo...so, crossing fingers.

In the meantime any thoughts would be much appreciated.

My symptoms (for many years): SVT, PVCs, PACs, difficulty losing weight, extreme fatigue, major anxiety and depression, thinning hair, body aches and pains, very heavy periods (cannot leave my house 1-2 days per month), fibroids, sinus headaches.

Meds I take: Klonopin, Wellbutrin and metoprolol

I also take many vitamins and supplements.

Results and ranges:

Thyroid Peroxidase AB - <10 (less than 35)

Ferritin 15 (10-160)

Vit B12 1068 (300-900)

TSH 0.95 (0.34 - 5.60)

Free T3 2.8 (2.5 - 3.9)

Reverse T3 30 (11 - 32)

Free T4 1.0 (0.6 - 1.2)

Cortisol A.M. 17.3 (6.7 - 22.6)

Cortisol P.M. 10.6 (< 10)

DHEA A.M. 339 (102 - 1185)

I have other results but figured these were the important ones. If I am missing something - let me know.

I really appreciate any help. So sick of being ignored and pushed off by Drs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User
Re: Results...Symptoms...Need advice

Hey there missy101, while I can't help with interpreting your results with any great knowledge, your TSH looks good and to me your Ft4 looks high but your FT3 seems a little low in comparison and while in range your RT3 is a bit on the high side so perhaps you are not getting enough T3 into your cells but I am really just guessing on this so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can give more input.

Your ferritin (iron store) is in range but is still very low and it is not caused by B12 which is quite often the reason for depleted iron stores so perhaps you are not getting enough iron in your diet or are not absorbing it, maybe consider a supplement.

Have you considered going to a nutritionist or naturopath and having your adrenals checked out? If these are sluggish along with cortisol and DHEA being in the lower end of the range it can affect your thyroid and correcting this may help with thyroid issues? You are better off ruling this out before getting thyroid treatment anyway! Good luck

Reply Reply