It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

beachbum75 HB User
Menstrual cycle & Armour

I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started taking Armour 30mg two days ago. I got my period last night and it was 8 days early. Does Armour affect your cycle? I can't remember ever getting my period a week early. It's usually right on time every month.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
(female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User
Re: Menstrual cycle & Armour

Hey there, my cycle was affected due to hashi's and adrenal fatigue before I know I even had them! In fact my hormones were so messed up because of them they originally told me I was menopausal at 38. When I started treatment my menopause "reversed" and hormones came back Into line but my cycle was still a bit off. Anything to do with these hormones can affect your cycle in my own experience! I have also recently started DHEA which is yet another hormone and it now gives me a 25 day cycle. Your body could be just adjusting and may eventually sort itself out once your hormones are regulated. I would sit tight and see how you go for a while, it certainly took me a few months. It takes about 6 weeks for thyroid meds to even out and then you generally retest. Do not take your meds before getting your blood draw though as this will skew your results!

The Following User Says Thank You to Surfing4answers For This Useful Post:
beachbum75 (02-02-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply