It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

kathy rose HB User
hyperthyroidism

I need help to interpret my thyroid tests. Thank you TPO 330 IU/ML Thyroglobulin <20 TSH Tosoh 1.94 TSI 19 TSH 3 2.70 T4,FREE 1.1 NG/DL biggest nudle in thyroid is 7cc These are my latest results. I was told that in order for her to do anything including prescribing meds is wait till nudule is 10cc. Should i get second opinion. Also, I,ve lost 14 lbs. in 6 months. I was diagnosed in May of 2012. Also have terrible rls could this be part of hyperthyroid. I take requip for rls. I appreciate any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: hyperthyroidism

Your tests as shown are difficult to read. Typing them in list form would have made it easier.
But from the looks of what I can decipher, you aren't hypERthyroid; you're hypOthyroid. And it's due to the autoimmune disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

You have a large nodule on your gland due to the Hashimoto's disease. I think you probably mean it's 7 millimeters - the same as .7 centimeters (cm) in size. Nodules are not usually treated with medication, but they often do shrink in response to replacement hormone when it's used to treat hypothyroidism. Perhaps you misinterpreted the doctor's statement that nodules must reach 10 mm [1 cm) in size to do a biopsy on. That does NOT mean she can't treat you for the hypothyroidism at this time. Again... Treatment now might help shrink that nodule.

If you want to learn the basics about your condition, the book Thyroid for Dummies by Dr. Alan Rubin is an excellent place to start.

Last edited by midwest1; 02-06-2013 at 11:02 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to midwest1 For This Useful Post:
kathy rose (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

kathy rose HB User

thank you so much for interpreting my thyroid test results. So you say hypo- thyroid, this is great news to me. I was diagnosed in May 2012, and lost 14 lbs. in 6 mths., really scary, because now I am 5'9" and 117 lbs., which really concerns me. But, honest to God you made me think maybe now I'm hypo and will gain weight. thank you again!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
(female)

kathy rose HB User

messagfe is above

Reply Reply