It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
(female)

MandN323 HB User
Unhappy Could it be thyroid? Test results "normal"

A family friend was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's and when my mom was reading the symptoms of a thyroid issue she recommended I get tested. I do have many of the symptoms: fatigue, dry hair and scalp, hair loss, constipation, cold intolerance and most recently went on a strict diet of fish/veggies for 3 weeks and lost only a couple pounds (my husband has lost 23!).

I had blood work done and all the numbers seem to be in the "normal range" but I am wondering if they mean anything or give any clues to my symptoms. I am a 27 yr old female who is hoping to get pregnant so I would like the addressed ASAP.

Thank you all in advance!

TSH: 1.21 (Standard Range 0.35 - 4.00)
T3: 81 (Standard Range 58 - 159)
Free T4: 1.0 (Standard Range 0.8 - 1.5)
THYROPEROXIDASE ANTIBODY: <3 (Standard Range <5)

Last edited by MandN323; 03-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
(female)

smileyhappy HB User
Re: Could it be thyroid? Test results "normal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandN323 View Post
reading the symptoms of a thyroid issue she recommended I get tested. I do have many of the symptoms: fatigue, dry hair and scalp, hair loss, constipation, cold intolerance and most recently went on a strict diet of fish/veggies for 3 weeks and lost only a couple pounds (my husband has lost 23!).

I had blood work done and all the numbers seem to be in the "normal range" but I am wondering if they mean anything or give any clues to my symptoms. I am a 27 yr old female who is hoping to get pregnant so I would like the addressed ASAP.

Thank you all in advance!

TSH: 1.21 (Standard Range 0.35 - 4.00)
T3: 81 (Standard Range 58 - 159)
Free T4: 1.0 (Standard Range 0.8 - 1.5)
THYROPEROXIDASE ANTIBODY: <3 (Standard Range <5)
44 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.
Hi there,

I had a similar thing happen to me. I had alot of the symptoms of hypothyroid but when my GP tested me my Tsh tested fine. I asked him to refer me to an Endocrinologist and he said I don't know why I am because your numbers are o.k. but he did. Thank God he did because when I sat down with my Endo she said I was and tested me again. I have been on Synthroid ever since. Four years later I had a nodule and it was cancerous so I had a thyroidectomy. That has nothing with being hypothyroid though. Just lucky for her to find it when I felt something there then. Get yourself to an Endocrinologist you will at least know if your thyroid is out of wack. You have the classic symptoms.

Good luck and take care.

Smileyhappy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply