It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
(male)

martyn413 HB User
Just had blood drawn

Hi,

Sometime last year I had my thyroid checked and had a short trial of thyroxine. My doctor thought I had another condition and advised me to stop the thyroxine.

I still have the same symptoms of tiredness, lack of motivation, mood change, skin problems, hair, eyebrows are thinning. I get pins and needles in my legs and arms. I woke up with pins and needles in my arms last night. My anxiety is probably the worst I've had it. I don't usually feel like I've woken up. My short term memory is rubbish. I keep forgetting what I was about to do. Not good when you're trying to progress at work.

previously my thyroid test results were:

TSH 4.64 (0.4 - 4.2)
FT4 12.4 (12 - 22)

Then after taking 25mcg of thyroxine, my results were:

TSH 2.45
FT4 16

I did feel a bit better when on the low dose of thyroxine but the dr I've just seen does seem to know more than my previous one did. I haven't changed surgeries just doctors.

My blood was taken this morning and I should have the results back by Wednesday this week. Do you think my results could have improved enough not to have thyroxine? I am a bit worried that won't get it (not saying I want an under-active thyroid), I just want to feel better.

I have stopped caffeine and feel tired in the afternoon. I would usually get a sugar boost but am milk intolerant.

Martyn

Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

leighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB User
Re: Just had blood drawn

Based on your previous labs you are definately hypothyroid and need medication. Your symptoms are classic hypothyroid symptoms.

The 25mcgs was not enough your doctor should have increased your dose after those labs, not discontinued the med.

If your labs are the same or worse and your doctor won't treat you I would suggest trying to find one that will.

Good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
(male)

martyn413 HB User
Re: Just had blood drawn - Results

Hi there,

I've got my results back and they are:

TSH 8.65 (0.3 - 4.2)
FT4 13.2 (12 - 22)

I need to book an appointment with my dr to discuss this.

It's weird my tsh is higher than last time (4.64) but my ft4 is higher (12.4).

After lunch, I'm going to book an appointment.

Martyn

Old 03-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

You better consult your doctor right away for cases like that. That might lead to further problem if not attended right away.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You should be getting back on thyroid as these clearly indicate hypothyroidism. That is good news in a way, as it is treatable and you should feel much better in a few weeks! It takes a little time to get the dose just right, but some people notice a difference in energy after just a few days on thyroid, as long as they don't start at rock bottom on the dose, like before. You have better health ahead!

Reply Reply