It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

martyn413 HB User
Lab results

Hi there,

In case you haven't read my last post. My labs have came back.

My results are:

TSH 8.65 (0.3-4.2)
FT4 13.2 (12-22)

I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and hopefully I'll get a diagnostics of hyporthyroidsm and at least 50mcg of levo.

I can't believe the last time I was on a trial of levo was october 2011. I thought it was last year.

Regards,
Martyn

Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #2
(male)

martyn413 HB User
Re: Lab results

Hi,

This morning I went into the doctors surgery and got called in by a different dr by mistake.

He tried to tell me my TSH was elevated but the T4 was in range. I told him that last time i felt better but not 100% on 25mcg of levo. I said I want 50mcg of levo as my TSH is higher than last time and he agreed.

You really need to know your stuff when you see the doctors.

I'll get the med later and start it tomorrow morning. I really hope this works. I've also completed the medical exempt form so I'll be able to get more levo for free.

Regards,
Martyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

light472 HB Userlight472 HB Userlight472 HB User
Re: Lab results

I believe most people try to aim for a TSH of around 1.0, or at least <2.0, some even feeling well only when their TSH level hardly register on blood tests!

Unless you have a pituitary gland problem (which I highly doubt), your body is strongly asking for more thyroid hormone. With a lab range of 12 to 22, it is definitely possible that your body functions well only around 22! "In-range" doesn't mean good for you! Some people even fall outside the bell-curve and can have an optimal level above "normal" range!

I'd say listen to your symptoms first, but otherwise try to get your TSH below 2 and your T4 in the upper range I think. (Or everything in range at the very least!)

Reply Reply