It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

Soconfused27 HB User
Does your memory get better?

Just wondering if it turns out that my thyroid is causing a problem, can I expect my memory to come back? Nobody seems to take this as a serious concern. In the last couple of months my memory has completely gone down the drain. It started out by me leaving the sink on til it over flowed, or forgetting to feed the dog until evening. I have days where I can't remember anything. Then nothing major happened for a while. Well over the last 2 days I've managed to forget both of my baby's cups somewhere. It's almost like I have gaps in my memory. I cannot fit the life of me remember where I set down today but I can't find it and I remember not having it in my hand when I put my kids in the truck. Last I remember is my daughter finishing the milk. I have no memory of it after that. This is getting scary! Does it come back if that's what's causing it?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB User
Re: Does your memory get better?

I will say that I am not 100% so I am still having issues but when I was initially diagnosed as hypo my brain fog was horrible and my brain was noticeably OFF. Sitting down to play a game with my family was challenging and I could not longer read a book as I could not comprehend what I had just read. That improved greatly with treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
(female)

beccavan HB User
Re: Does your memory get better?

Are you being treated for your thyroid? I'm by no means a medical professional. I am a medical guinnea pig. When I was on synthetic meds (Synthroid etc.) I was a mess. Not only did my body hurt but my mental state was a mess. No concentration at all and an emotional wreck. Then I found a doc willing to try Nature Throid. Within days I was getting better. The good news is; YES! You can go back to a normal life which includes getting rid of brain fog if you are being treated properly. The bad news is: good luck trying to find a doctor who understands how natural hormone medicines work. All I can tell you is work on it! Find a holistic doctor or whatever you have to do, just don't simply accept this. Life is too short and your children need you to be there...completely there!

Last edited by beccavan; 03-24-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Reply Reply