It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

naturegal76 HB Usernaturegal76 HB User
Unhappy New labs... please take a look

Hello friends. Feeling awful again and frustrated. Pretty sure my TSH is a worthless test in my situation. My last anti TPO was over 1000 and I had TSI at 54%. These were drawn on 01-23-13.

03-14-2012 approx 15 weeks on 75mcg Tirosint

TSH 2.8 range 0.3-4.8
FT4 0.9 range 0.8-1.5

01-23-2013 approx 8 weeks on 75mcg tirosint
TSH < 0.1 range 0.3-4.8
FT4 1.1 range 0.8-1.5
FT3 3.5 range 2.0-4.4

11-21-2012 at this time was on 88mcg Tirosint for approx 6 weeks
TSH <0.1 same ranges as above
FT4 1.8

08-22-12 at this time was on 25mcg synthroid M-F and 50mcg on weekend
TSH 2.5
FT4 1.0 same ranges as above

06-08-12 25mcg levothyroxine daily
TSH 3.7
FT4 1.0
FT3 3.0 same ranges as above

And finally in may 2012, at diagnosis, no meds, TSH 6.87

I have been riddled with symptoms at all ranges but I suppose the one that bothers me most is that I have an extremely irregular heart rhythm. Palps all day every day, regardless of taking Metoprolol. At first the metoprolol helped, but not much anymore. My rate is in the 70's at times and in the same day, it can have periods of going up to 90's-110 resting. Sometimes the palps are so frequent that I get lightheaded. Oh, and the intense anxiety and panic attacks are returning. I love this one...not. I have anxiety and panic BECAUSE my hormones are whack and because my heart is crazy, not the other way around. I don't have an irregular heart rate because I'm an anxious person. My doctor knows this. I have had several tests already but GP is making me go to cardiologist on April 5th.

I know cardiologist will probably result in a clean slate for my heart. I'm 36, without many risk factors for heart disease. I know deep down that it's probably the Hashi's process at work and the TSI thrown in there makes things skewed. It seems to me that my TSH does not correlate anymore with the feedback loop. I'm just so tired of being so sick all the time and my life is on hold. I barely make it through work and other than that, I don't do anything except go to the doctor. I have 3 kids. This sucks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

light472 HB Userlight472 HB Userlight472 HB User
Re: New labs...please take a look

Sorry to hear you're feeling awful. Have you had any luck feeling well despite whatever lab tests may say with any of those medications? Did you feel better while you were taking 88mcg Tirosint for example?

Otherwise my first guess would be to try and get your auto-immune issues under control somehow. I've seen studies suggesting that even within range, hashimoto's patient with high Anti-TPO suffered from the exact same symptoms as those whose results were all over the place.

People whose symptoms refuse to leave no matter what their results are sometimes get relief by going gluten-free or following diet such as the keto or paleo diet. I've read multiple times that selenium supplements also helps keeping the auto-immune attack under control. Another element might be to see if you are vitamin D deficient, which also helps regulating the immune system.

Perhaps someone here has had a similar experience and could help you better.

The Following User Says Thank You to light472 For This Useful Post:
naturegal76 (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
(female)

Thank you light472 for the reply. Yes, I am vit D deficient. I was already supplementing with 2000 IU per day plus the 800 IU that's in my multivitamin when I got my Vit D level checked and it was still below range. Doctor told me to increase to 6000 IU per day. I've also been taking selenium since I found out I was hypo. I tried the gluten free diet for a while but it was doing nothing for me except costing a lot of money and planning. I'm not discouraging anyone else from trying it, it just didn't seem to help me. I just wish I knew how long it is going to take for the Hashi's to kill the thyroid and I can try to find a dosage of meds that will keep me stable.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

light472 HB Userlight472 HB Userlight472 HB User
Re: New labs... please take a look

I haven't found much information about that, but my doctor said it generally takes a few moths to a year for hashimoto's to "stabilize". Don't know where he got this from though.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegal76 View Post
I just wish I knew how long it is going to take for the Hashi's to kill the thyroid
It can take years even decades. I've been more or less hypo since 1992, been on treatment for the past 8 years and just broke my personal record - have been able to stay on the same dose for over 5 months Most people have more luck though

Last edited by FinnMaid; 03-26-2013 at 08:45 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
naturegal76 (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
(female)

I was afraid of that. Of course my endo is completely against thyroidectomy or ablation to go ahead and get it over with. He doesn't have to live with it. I have a feeling that I will be like you, Finnmaid, and fluctuate a lot on my dosages. Especially since I have measurable TSI.

The following user gives a hug of support to naturegal76:
FinnMaid (03-26-2013)
Reply Reply

Tags
thyroid