It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
(female)

shahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB User
low Tsh, normal T3,4, high antibody thyroid peroxidase

hi all,

what does this result mean to you?

tsh<0.02
ts normal
t4, borderline.

'antibody thyroid peroxidase' is now 1098. in Feb it was 500.

i appreciate your thoughts.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: low Tsh, normal T3,4, high antibody thyroid peroxidase

Hello Welcome to Thyroid Board
To interpret your labs we'd need to see specific results with their reference ranges. Very low TSH such as yours usually means hyperthyroidism and with your high antibodies it would be autoimmune based. If your actual thyroid levels are still within range and you don't have obvious symptoms it would considered subclinical. If you have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and are taking thyroid supplement for it the interpretation would be a bit different. Do you have any symptoms? You can ask a copy of your results (that would also include the ranges) and post them here

Last edited by FinnMaid; 05-19-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
(female)

hi, thanks very much for prompt reply. i was surprised that i got quick response in this board.my results are as below. I have many symptoms mostly neuro pain, numbness, tingling, freezing coldness, bladder issues, cognitive issues, something like ms hug around my stomach, neck, ankles, migraines, weakness in legs and hands, sensitivity to cold and heat, salty/bitter taste in mouth, fatigue, itching, burning, electrical sensations, feeling like water is flowing under my skin, when i bend my head/back my back burns itchy most of the time, etc... I recently had an mri for brain and spine and the radiology report came back clear. I am concerned that high antibodies might be indication of another immune issue and not a thyroid disease but puts me in risk of developing that eventually. i havent taken any medicine because my doctor said it is normal. i am taking selenium since today for immune system.

15 May:

tsh (0.5-4.5): <0.02
ft4 (10-20): 18
ft4 (3.5-6): 6
antibody thyroid peroxidase':1098
anti-thyroglobulin abs ( <41): <31

23 April:

ft4 (10-20): 17
ft4 (3.5-6): 6.3
antibody thyroid peroxidase':799

20 march:

ft4 (10-20): 24
ft4 (3.5-6): 8.2
antibody thyroid peroxidase':500

Old 05-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

I think you meant to type FT3 for those ranges of 3.5-6 Those March labs showed clear hyperT but your labs seem to have normalized a bit after that. Very high TPOAb clearly indicates a thyroid autoimmune issue and your labs show there obviously is something up with your thyroid. Is it possible for you to get thyroid stimulating Abs tested too (preferably TSI, TSHRAb if you don't have TSI available)? With high TPOAb you will probably end up hypoT at some point, hyperT may be a phase in the process.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 05-19-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
(female)

hi again. i dont have ts1. i ll ask tomorrow.
that is what i mean - some doctors like to wait and see that what ur immune system does. i like to do something so that the cause of these abnormalities be identified and also stop antibodies rather than waiting and suffering and .... my life is not good. it s 1 yr but it looks like 9 yrs to me.

The following user gives a hug of support to shahila:
FinnMaid (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

There's not much you can do about those antibodies, especially as high as yours, and they tend to have a life of their own. With your "not off enough thyroid levels" it's good to do your own research and try to find things you can do to make life a little more bearable. Selenium is certainly good, iodine would be bad, some have found some relief through gluten free diet.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 05-19-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Reply Reply