It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

nuttmegs17 HB User
T4 meds - Feel better, then I feel worse - why?

Hello

I'm curious about others experiences. I am on T4 med (tirosint), and a bit of T3 (cytomel). I'm on 125 tirosint, plus 10 mcg cytomel. I still have my thyroid but i have hashis.

I had previously been on 90 mcg armour plus 10 mcg Cytomel and then switched to this bc armour had never really worked for me (after 2 years) and I was feeling worse and worse.

With this new med, I start feeling better, and then crash. Each adjustment seems to be the same...initially I feel better (maybe a bit foggy,) then level out and then it seems to stop working. what is that about?

I havent come across many other stories like this - where you feel better, then feel worse. then make an adjusment - feel better, then you back track. Does this mean I'm not on the right dose?

I called my Dr and he wants to REDUCE my T4 to 100 and wont give me another lab slip - wants me to make this change, then get labs drawn. I'm really not following the reasoning except that he says he likes T4 to be about 1 or just under and right now I am at 1.4 (not even 70% of the range).

so strange. I'm obviously on edge to reduce when I am feeling so run down at this point.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: T4 meds - Feel better, then I feel worse - why?

hi,

it's very common in the meds titrating process, so plenty people will recognize it. Yes it means you're not on the proper dosage yet.

as you might know,it's important to have levels at a good place to feel well. (it's good to educate yourself on optimal levels. Most need their levels FT4 / FT3 at least midrange or higher 60-80% of the ranges to achieve wellness. (the same as healthy people have theirs so it makes sense to aim for that)

as a sidenote, since armour contain T4/T3 its very uncommon to say at least to add cytomel to that, since that's even more T3. Basic treatment is T4 and if need be add T3.

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply