It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

thyroid nodule growth

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #1
tayerik
(female)

tayerik HB User
thyroid nodule growth

In 2009 my Dr discovered a thyroid nodule. It measured1.3cm. I had a fna and it came back benign. I go for a routine ultrasound yearly. In 2012 my Dr said the nodule had actually shrunk. In Nov 2013 I had my routine ultrasound done again and Dr said it grew and was sending me to see an endo. At my endo appt, Dr told me based on my ultrasound from Nov , the nodule was .99 . he sent me for a fna. While at the hospital the ultrasound tech did the ultrasound again and spoke with the radiologist. The radiologist refused to perform the fna since the nodule was not the size it was back in 2009. She said it measures 1.1cm now. My endo was quite upset at the radiologist and is sending me to a different facility to have the fna done. Now here's the thing...in sept 2013 I took on a job at my work ( I work at a nuclear power plant) where I go into the face of the reactor. Radiation dose is high. This job only lasts a few weeks at a time. In Nov is when my Dr noticed it grew. I went back to this job in Jan of this year and did the same thing and when the tech did the ultrasound in Feb that's when she said it measured 1.1cm. I have gone back into this job last week so I am wondering if it has grown again. I don't get the fna done until April....should I be worried?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
thyroid, thyroid cancer, thyroid nodule