It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2002, 09:42 AM   #1

littlebrace HB User
Question jaw clicking and gets stuck

Can anyone relate to me on this? Before I developed TMJ, my jaw used to click all the time. Now it only does it when I wake up in the morning. It does it a lot when I wake up in the morning. Sometimes, it clicks and then it feels like it has to do it again but it doesn't and my jaw like gets stuck or something. I can't open it all the way and when I try to it feels like it's pulling a lot to get it open. So I have to move my jaw around a lot until it clicks again and I can open my mouth again. My jaw locked when I first developed TMJ so when it gets stuck like that it only opens as much as it did when it locked, which isn't much. But when it was locked that time when I first got TMJ, when I tried to open my mouth it didn't feel like it was pulling anything like it does in the morning now if it gets stuck like that. And it doesn't last long if I move my jaw around to make it click so I can open again. Does anyone know why this is?

Old 10-26-2002, 09:45 AM   #2

littlebrace HB User
I also forgot to add that my jaw doesn't click any other time anymore except when I wake up in the morning

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2002, 07:41 AM   #3

AskingForHerFiance HB User
HEYA
My jaw does that same thing. I found mine was like that most in themornings but cold mornings. Not sure why it is.But i can relate, wanted you to know you arent alone! Mine definately does that lock up and its so painful.. when you pop it again do you have to sorta wiggle it sideways to pop like? lol that sounds so uneducated.

Old 11-01-2002, 12:41 PM   #4

littlebrace HB User
yeah I have to open my mouth and move my jaw from side to side at the same time

Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
(male)

abhinavm HB User
Re: jaw clicking and gets stuck

I also have a similar problem. My jaw clicks whenever I open my mouth but sometimes while sleeping or when I just wake up, it gets stuck and refuses to open.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
(male)

GoodThings HB User
Re: jaw clicking and gets stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebrace View Post
Does anyone know why this is?
It all has to do with your joint being out of place.

My guess is that the reason you only experience clicking when you wake up is because your muscle is very stiff in the morning. But by noon time, your muscle and therefore jaw loosens up. Thus giving more joint space temporarily. My experience is that the muscle loosens up.

GT

Closed Thread