It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2002, 08:37 AM   #1

AskingForHerFiance HB User
Question LADIES: Popping Jaws, Lock-Jaw and our SEX LIVES!

About Popping jaws... isnt that most embarrassing thing? I find it to be so embarrassing at times. But it also sets me apart as an individual.
So this may be over the line, but women.. do you find this Lock jaw or popping jaw.. to effect your sex lives? If you KNOW what I mean? I do!

Please share!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2002, 10:10 AM   #2
Veteran

Marlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB User
Exclamation

OK, I'm going to be bold enough to answer this one ..... YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!? I'd venture to guess that most people with TMJ, sex in any "way, shape or form" is probably the LAST thing on their mind, simply because they feel like **** all the time. A sex life is virtually "non-existent" with a TMJ sufferer!

Marlene http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2002, 10:23 AM   #3

well I personally am engaged and im sure some of the TMJ sufferers have spouses etc, And im gonna be blunt, but this has effected oral sex.. (giving i mean) so i just wondered.

Old 11-01-2002, 12:45 PM   #4
Inactive

Elaine HB User
AskingForHerFiance,
When it comes to oral sex, all I can say, is
THANK GOD FOR TMJD!!!
If I were you I would be more worried about being hauled to the emergency room for indecent exposure. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif
I assume this is a joke... If you have serious TMJD, you wouldn't even be thinking about this, or better yet, would you even care?
Elaine

Old 11-01-2002, 04:56 PM   #5

haha funny. no im not joking. I guess mine isnt as bad as some folks TMJ. But yes its a nice reason to say no thanks lol

Old 11-01-2002, 05:30 PM   #6

iceprincess777 HB User
It's a valid question. It has only affected mine with oral sex. Everything else is fine and dandy.

Old 11-01-2002, 05:37 PM   #7

iceprincess777 HB User
Cool

p.s.: some people need to lighten up. Does everything have to be doom and gloom around here?

And if you're not getting any, I doubt the reason is TMJ. :-)

Old 11-01-2002, 05:58 PM   #8

Thanks IcePrincess777, I started to think I was insane or something for asking. Cause it has effected me and this is the TMJ board so i thought i'd share. Anywho, anyone else, care to share? Feel free. open arms here

Old 11-01-2002, 06:43 PM   #9
Veteran

Marlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB User
Cool

You know that old joke about a person who goes to a doctor and says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!" The doctor replies, "Well then DON'T do that!"

WELL ..........!

Marlene

Old 11-01-2002, 08:44 PM   #10

O my, I wouldnt go to the dr with it haha. Good point though!

Old 11-01-2002, 09:32 PM   #11
Inactive

Elaine HB User
Iceprincess(Chill out)
What a remark to make...The subject was oral sex, not if "your're getting any. But since you mentioned it, things are fine and dandy!
Oral sex is fine for people who enjoy it, myself I never had the "stomach" for it. That end belongs on the potty chair... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif
Elaine

PS.AskingForHerFiance- Thanks for a "no" doom and gloom post. I've seen it posted before on a different site. Lots of interesting comments.

Starr,
I think they have "things" in the adult book store that may help.

Old 11-01-2002, 09:55 PM   #12

Elaine,

Why so negative? O well, thanks to all who shared!

Old 11-01-2002, 10:44 PM   #13
Inactive

Elaine HB User
I'm not negative, only when it comes to oral sex and TMJ surgery. The latter subject, I am very negative...
Elaine

Old 11-01-2002, 11:38 PM   #14

I think we all need to realize and remember that not all of us have TMJ to the same extent and have been through the same issues. My part would need to be mjore sensitive to those who have, and t hose who are very sensitive about this maybe could understand that I dont need surgery etc and that this is just a simple question. Ya know? Good times in the TMJ boards

Old 11-02-2002, 05:52 AM   #15

iceprincess777 HB User
Wink

Wow Elaine,
you do have a sense of humor! It's nice to know.
I just assumed that when she said sex life, she meant the whole nine yards. Mine includes all kinds of different things. ;-)
And as for the doom and gloom comment. I know everone here is suffering. Me included. But its nice to leave the suffering behind sometimes. It seems like some of us here wear it like a badge of courage. Most of the people here need not be frightened or depressed. I just like to let them know that. No need to bring them down.
Iceprincess

Closed Thread