It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Post jladams

Hey I jsut came across your posts under fibro.
My mom has been diagnosed with this and I know that alot of people have this and also tmj. Can you tell me some of the symptoms that are involved in fibro?
Heather

Old 05-01-2003, 05:57 AM   #2

jladams HB User
Heather,
Hello!
I was starting to wonder if I had fibro because of my issues with TMJ, and also because my mom has started to show signs of it as well.

Neither one of us has been diagnosed yet but I am in the process. My family doctor just recently ran tests(sed. rate and something else) to rule out lupus, rhuematoid arthritis, etc. Everything came back ok so she is sending me to a rhuematologist because they deal with fibro.

My symptoms are mainly joint pain, especially my knees and hips, I can't sit in one position too long or I get stiff and achey.(especially when its cold or rainy). And fatigue.

There are supposed to be 18 different pressure points located on the body where if you push on them it is painful. I guess if you have 11 of these pressure points you are said to have fibro. I definitely have the ones at the knees and hips. You can do a search on google and should be able to find a site that shows the locations of these pressure points.

My moms symptoms are stiffness and a hot burning pain that moves around her body.
Other symptoms are IBS(irritable bowel syndrome),sensitivity to light and noise,inability to enter deep level sleep(stage 4),painful menstrual periods,memory impairment,muscle twitching, I'm sure there are more that are not coming to mind right now. And of course alot of ppl have both fibro and TMJD. Are you considering the possibility that you have it?

Sorry for the long post, hope I answered your question.

jladams

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 08:19 AM   #3
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Hey jladams,
Well, I get all those symptoms that you mentioned. I will check under google to see the actual pressure points. Do you know if you have fibro all your life and just not diagnosed or can it develop over time? The reason why I ask is because I am not close at all with my mom, I don't even speak to her. This does not mean that I don't care about her and what she is going through. my sister and her husband are the only ones at this moment that are taking care of her. I wanted to have a better understanding of what my sister has been talking to me about. Since I have tmj from an accident I don't know if I was ever going to get tmj already. Since tmj and fibro sometime can run with each other of course I was kind of concerned if I could develop it.
Thank you for all your help with this.
Heather

Old 05-01-2003, 03:51 PM   #4

jladams HB User
Heather,

From what I understand fibro is very much hereditary.
I'm also certain that you can develop it over time, I don't know about having it all your life. From what I have read it can affect people differently and can often be very debilitating(much like TMJD I suppose). And then other people could just have it mildly. I hope your mom isn't suffering too bad with it. Sorry to hear you aren't close with her. Sometimes we don't particularly get along with our parents but of course that doesn't mean we don't still care about them.

jladams

Closed Thread