It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #1
Inactive

abby320 HB User
Post What's worse....

What's the worse of two evils - muscular-related TMJ or joint-related TMJ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2003, 04:55 AM   #2

Jill J HB User
Hi Abby,

I had/have both and they both hurt like crazy. Mine started off as muscle but is now joint related. From what I have read if you have to have TMJ muscle is much better (if you catch it early enough) where joint would most likely mean surgery down the road. Just my opinion...Jill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2003, 05:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Abby,

Muscular problems can cause most of the same symtoms and awful pain, but can be treated with non-invasive therapies.

Joint malformations and damaged disc usually require some type of surgery.

I am right the opposite of Jill. I started having surgeries many years ago, to correct structural problems & deteriorated disc. Disc out in 1997 and my problems became a muscular nightmare. I was led to believe that due to surgical damage, addressing the muscle problems with a "SPLINT" or other non-invasive treatment would be useless.

This information was incorrect. I am getting incredible relief from all of the problems caused by muscles with a very simple splint designed to let the muscles relax and go back to a normal position. They have not been in a "Normal or Non-Spasm" condition for years. In 5 months, my TMJ related symtoms are better than they have been in about 25 years.

Cymy Sue

Closed Thread