It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 06:57 AM   #1
Veteran

Jill J HB User
Post Hey Autumn

Hey Autumn,

I haven't seen you post lately and was just wondering how you are doing.. Jill

Old 05-02-2003, 04:15 PM   #2

autumn83175 HB User
Hey Jill,

Thank you for thinking of me. I have been here reading but not posting much. One night I did reply to Tiffany but I lost it and lost patience. I have had a bummer of a couple weeks here. Nothing related to the surgery though. Anyway, today was much better. I heard from my husband finally, so I am happy about that. Now I just gotta get him home.

As far as my surgery goes, I am doing fine. Doc says I'm doing great. PT has me doing more and pushing a little harder. I was at 15mm on 4/15 and I am at 20mm now. The goal is 30mm. I am eating more solid foods, like pasta and fish. I updated my surgery thread on 4/28 but it got buried quickly, so many new people here.

I told Dr. Lanzi about you. He is looking forward to meeting you. Wait til you see his crazy mustache (at one point he had handlebars). He is a great guy. I remember your appt is 5/23 and I will get that paper to you. I'm also going back to work next week. I'm not really looking forward to it, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

I hope you all are feeling well. I'm sure I will be writing more in the future. I just had to focus on other things for a bit.

Autumn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Sorry to intrude...Hey Jill,
I just wanted to say that I see the light at the end of your tunnel Autumn. How did Chris sound to you????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
You got open to 20 I think I am gonna cry. I am so happy. How is that fish for you... I am so sick of fish, but I am happy that I can eat something good for me at least. I keep gaining weight- and there is nothing I can do about that. Oh well, might as well bring on some of that liquid chocoalte that was mentioned around Easter! hehe!!!
You sound like things are looking up. That sounds like you must be doing your exercises!!!
Did you tape them around your house like you were planning to, yet?
Sorry again for intruding, but I got really excited over here!!!
Heather

Old 05-02-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi Autumn:
I saw in your response that you said you did answer one of my posts one night but you lost it and lost patience. I'm sorry to sound stupid but did you respond to one of my posts then I didn't answer you? Or did you mean you lost connection or something before posting your reply? I just didn't want someone to think I was ignoring them. I always appreciate when you guys respond to my posts.
Tiffany

Old 05-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #5

autumn83175 HB User
Heather:
You're so cute. You're not intruding. Anytime you want post!!! Chris seems ok. It will be a bit before I know for sure. He is supposed to call back shortly. Hopefully he will come home soon, but I can't push him. Anyway the fish is very good. So is the mac and cheese. Thank you for thinking of me.

Tiffany:
I wrote you this beautiful, inspiring, hopeful post when you were down one night. I went to post it and it got lost some how. I never did figure it out. Anyway, as you know, I am having somewhat of a tough time, and I lost my train of thought and patience to redo it. It wasn't your fault at all, in fact I was trying to make you feel better. I hope you do, I know you're having a tough time as well. Thank you for thinking of me, I would never think your ignoring me.

Autumn

Old 05-03-2003, 03:51 AM   #6
Veteran

Jill J HB User
Hiya Autumn, Heather and Tiffany,

You can intrude anytime!!

Wow Autumn, I can see you have been going through it lately. It's a bummer when we have to deal with our pain and problems and then life's problems on top of it. I'm telling you, people without TMJ have no clue.

I have been dealing with an infected tooth (ouch) need a root canla but don't want to do anything until I see Dr.L. My PT has stopped since my therapist said that it is disk related and really can't do much to help. I can call him when I feel the muscles get tight again. He also recommended Dr. L to me.

I am stressing this weeken because my son makes his First Communion tomorrow. I know everything will be fine, I just want to make sure it's a special day for him.

I will keep you in my prayers as well as everyone on this board dealing with the pain.......Take care and here's to better things to come, Jill

Old 05-04-2003, 04:35 PM   #7
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Jill I am so sorry that you have to get dental work on top of dealing with the aspects of tmj. Girl, you must be dying over there. my heart goes out to you. It is a good thing that they found out that it is disk related before the pt will accidentely do more damage.
That is so neat about your son and his first communion you must be so proud of him!!!!

Old 05-05-2003, 12:59 PM   #8
Veteran

Jill J HB User
Smile

Hi Heather...My son's Communion was wonderful. He looked soooo handsome. Thank God I didn't have any pain or flareups yesterday and was able to eat and enjoy the day. I prayed for that!! I finish up my antibiotics tomorrow from a tooth infection so I just hope it holds out until I can see the OS. If not, gonna be on them again lol

Take care and thanks for responding..

Jill

Closed Thread