It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile Hey Cheryl, How are you?

Last edited by shell389; 11-11-2003 at 12:56 PM.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

Michelle,

I didn't know that your name was Michelle! (I guess that I thought that you were a Shelly) I'm glad to hear that you two had fun at the community center. My son's head was really giving him some grief on friday night, so I gave him a flexeril. He was out by midnight, slept in until 3 pm, then took a nap later on! The stuff really knocked him out, but I feel that sleep is the best thing for him. Needless to say, saturday was a bit of a wasted day. I just got caught up on some house cleaning all day. On sunday, he went fishing with my brother for the day. (he's never gone fishing before. He had fun, although he didn't catch anything. (I'm glad that he didn't catch anything, I'd never know how to clean it!)

As for his splints, he told me that his molars don't hurt as bad in the morning, so it sounds as if it's preventing him from clenching some. Yesterday I was thrilled because he said that his neck quit hurting. He still has the bad head pain and tinnitus, though. He's still frustrated even after the "little" improvements I've seen. I tried explaining to him that it took awhile to get this way, so it'll take some time to get better. You know kids, they expect that if they're wearing splints and doing all the PT stuff, they should be fine by tomorrow.

Good job with that flexeril! When you start getting that milder type headache starting, have you ever tried Aleve, or anything like that? If you haven't, maybe give it a try, it might stop it or at least slow it down in it's tracks. So, what do you have, another week and a half or so to get your new splint? Ever notice when we get our periods, it makes everything worse? I'll keep you in my prayers that this offers you some relief. I still don't understand why it takes so long to make these splints!

I can't wait until it's summer already. Winter is just so depressing. We're supposed to be getting some pretty bad thunderstorms later from what I've heard. I just hate those, they make me all nervous and jumpy. ( and to think that some people buy those cd's of thunderstorms to help them to relax!) Well, talk to you soon and Take Care,

Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-30-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Oh Cheryl, You just crack me up! You are so much like me. That thunderstorm thing. I am the same way and have often wondered why in the world that would relax anyone? Too funny. I hate them. I am always worried a tree is going to fall on the house or something.

I am in and the weather here is the same as yours. Today it is chilly and rainy out again. I think by Wed. it is supposed to be 78 again. I am so ready for summer to get here. Emily says that a bunch of kids at school were coughing again today. I thought we were past that by now but I guess with the weather we're not. Just praying that she doesn't get it.

Sorry to hear about Mike having such bad head pain on Friday. Sounds like he needed the sleep too. It's good that he went fishing though, maybe take his mind off things. It does sound like the splints are doing something if his molars aren't hurting as bad and his neck is feeling better. I think I would take that as a good sign if it was me. Tell him to hang in there and it will get better. This time last year I was having the headaches and facial pains (and who knows what other pains) on a daily basis. Then the upper splint helped alot. It just didn't do it completely for me with the headaches.(sometimes they felt worse from clenching on that instead all night) But it took away alot of the other stuff. I can say it has gotten better gradually over time though. Just those occasional flare ups. (some worse than others) I do take either advil or ascripton when I have a headache start but I have to watch what I take or it irritates my stomach. Does aleve irritate your stomach at all?

Well,keep me posted on how Mike is doing and how you are too. I guess my splint will be in early next week hopefully. Take care, Michelle

Last edited by shell389; 11-10-2003 at 05:40 PM.

Old 05-05-2003, 01:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Michelle,

You mentioning Emily with the kid's coughing is funny. I'm the same way with my son, he's got asthma, and I'm always telling him when the kids are coughing, don't talk so close! (especially lately, since he's had all this tmj stuff going on, cold's make his head hurt far worse) I just want him to make it the rest of the school year without any colds, but I don't think that we have much control over that!

As for the Aleve, I've never tried that but I've heard others say that it helps some. When things get bad, my doctor gave me 875mg. tabs of Naprosyn to take. Taking those really kills your stomach. It doesn't matter if I take them with food, they still upset it. I only take them when I absolutely have to, I don't want to end up with an ulcer, too. And, taking Tylenol is a joke. Some people take these all the time and it doesn't bother them, but I guess I'm one with a weak stomach!

Thunderstorms...I'm afraid of the house getting hit by lightning! (or me!) I hate loud noise, too. You can imagine how fun it is to go with me to the 4th of July fireworks every year. I come home all tensed up, and my son laughs at me! Take Care,
Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-30-2003).]

Closed Thread