It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2003, 01:09 PM   #1
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Post What does this mean?

My dentist still has not been able to tell me if I have the wrong splint, he has been very busy (don't worry Micaiah has taken control of that decision.

I have not had my splint for that long and I have already needed it readjusted. My dentist wanted to see me a week after I got it adjusted meaning today. He told me that I am already wearing it out really thin.He said most likely I will need to go back and get it adjusted in another month possibly even sooner.
My question is:
Does wearing the splint out really fast mean that I have the wrong splint?
Heather

Old 05-09-2003, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

Hey Heather,

From what my son's doc has said, he always sees his patients once a month for adjustments, some more. After getting his 2nd splint, we had to go back for adjustments after only 1 week! Apparently, he clenches so hard that it looked like the dogs were using it as a chew toy! (the doc said that usually with other people, theirs doesn't look like that after a month!)

I think that wearing the splint out doesn't necessarily mean that it's the wrong one, but most likely, you're teeth are really doing some damage to the poor sucker! This frequently has been his case. I would check it out with the doctor, though.
Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-30-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2003, 02:24 PM   #3

sandra1 HB User
Talking

HRevero,

I agree with Cheryl, too. Your splint may not be the wrong one for you, but that you have a tendency to clench more since you had the splint, but later on in a few months, your clenching should be reduced a bit more. You will know if the splint is the wrong one, if you noticed that you have alot more pain, more headaches or other pains...

I hope this helps you.

Sandi

Old 05-10-2003, 09:01 AM   #4
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Thanks Cheryl and Sandi for responding I was getting pretty concerned about the whole thing. I guess I still am because no doctor will give me a concrete answer on anything relating to what my trigger problems are and how to fix them.
Thanks
Heather

Closed Thread