It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2003, 11:47 AM   #1
(male)

nirmal HB User
Post does anybody do splint therapy on the nhs within the uk

As the title says, does anybody get there treatment under the nhs

Old 05-10-2003, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hbep HB Userhbep HB Userhbep HB User
Hi Nirmal,

I actually answered your last post, so sorry it's only me again, not many UK people on the board. I will be getting a splint on the NHS from the Eastman dental hospital in London - am on a waiting list - was told it would take a few weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #3
(male)

nirmal HB User
Yes werent you the same one that said that they would only make the bite plate for you! Basically any dentist can get this done for you!

Might as well get a refferral to there though! theyre are private practioners who do hard splint therapy but they charge a fortune!

Old 05-10-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hbep HB Userhbep HB Userhbep HB User
Hello Nirmal,

Yup, they are only making me a splint to stop clenching and grinding, not an anterior repositioning splint BUT they X rayed my jaw and I only have a muscular problem.

They are a very reputable dental hospital, although as I said before they do only believe in conservative treatments - not jaw repositioning BUT as I understand it, your jaw took a very hard knock - I don't know what they would do in that situation, maybe they'd prove hopeless, but it's worth a try. I am going to go with their treatment at the moment, and if it doesn't work out for me I will look elsewhere. I know it's really frustrating in England - private dentists are soooo expensive, especially the ones that offer other treatments for tmjd. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 05-10-2003, 05:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Actually dentists who offer TMJ treatment in the United States are outrageous as well. Even here in the U.S. there are very few dentists who know much about TMJ and those who specialize in it most usually get rich off it. Anything to line their pockets I guess.
Tiffany

Old 05-10-2003, 05:48 PM   #6
(male)

nirmal HB User
Basically yes patrick grossman quoted me a massive some in london of like 2800 for the first stage

i was very shocked and never responded to the email lol

i just dont know what to do ive been refferred to a restorative dentist lets see what he says
when i see him

Closed Thread