It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #1

Lisa Lynn HB User
Question Pain and tinnitus after having teeth extracted

Hello,

I had to have all of my teeth extracted about two months ago, I fought for 11 years to keep them but kept losing bone. I have temporary dentures now that are not fitting well. Last night, it started to feel like I had something in my ear and when I went to bed, my right ear was ringing and still is. I have had pain in my face on and off from the bite being so low now, until I get the permanents there isn't much I can do but what I was wondering is, is tinnitus part of TMJ and can it go away when it is corrected? I have been sick for six years, we think mercury played a big role since I was a dental assistant years ago, I was very happy with the fact that I was feeling better but today I cried most of the day with the pain in my ear, face and neck and this horrid noise now.

My dentist is out of state, I had to go where I could afford the surgery and also where it would be done correctly by removing the periodontal ligament. Long story...is tinnitus common with TMJ and does it go away after it is corrected? Sorry for the fear but I am so afraid of getting sick again.

Thank you

Old 05-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #2
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Smile

Hi Lisa, I know that tinnitus is a symptom of tmj but I don't know if it ever truly goes away. I beleive that it will get better. I really hope that I am wrong, tinnitus can drive you crazy.
Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2003, 03:09 PM   #3

fibrine HB User
Hello
It can go away when so recent or it will go down to a level you only notice it in complete silence. Don' t freak out it will be ok.
fibrine

Closed Thread