It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 10:18 AM   #1

Jennifluffer HB User
Angry Really need to vent

Hi everybody.

I've about had it and I need to vent, so bear with me.
I currently work two jobs...one full-time and one part-time. I've been doing this now for seven months. I typically only get one day off every two weeks, and it's really starting to get to me. Unfortunately, my finances are such that I can't quit my part-time job right now. I'm trying very hard to pay off my credit card bill, (as well as car payment and student loans) as I am sick and tired of being in debt. Unfortunately it seems that for every step forward I make, I make a tremendous step back, so I either end up in the same place or, more often, even further back. For example, my rent was lowered, however I also had a mishap with my car and now my insurance rates went up. So what I would have saved on rent (plus a little more) will now go to my stupid insurance company. So, since I'm so stressed and tense all the time, my jaw is always tight, so I end up with horrible jaw pain, face pain, earaches, headaches...you know, and all the fun stuff associated with tmj.

There's no one I can really talk to about this who understands. My parents are splendid and know what it's like to work such long hours, and they sympathize and greatly admire and respect my being so diligent, but for some reason it doesn't help much. My boyfriend, though wonderful and supportive, cannot comprehend what it's like. He's still in school and, though he works part-time, he has tons of free time, and I feel myself getting more and more resentful of him because he can sleep till noon and whatnot, while I have to drag my butt out of bed to go to work every day. Granted, he'll be graduating soon, and will be getting a "real" job, so soon he'll have some idea of what I'm going through. However, he has no idea what it's like to have so much debt hanging over one's head and to be dealing with such tension and pressure.

And it's not like I went on a bunch of spending splurges and crap, but I did have to put my tuition on my credit card on more than one occasion, because my parents couldn't afford to pay my whole way through school, and I didn't understand the student loan thing at the time. I am more than responsible, and have been for all of my adult life...I've had jobs ever since I was 17 (minus the first 2 years I was in college). It's just that all of this is really starting to get to me and I'm about at my wits' end. I'm only 27, and yet I feel like my life is just an endless tedium of working, paying bills, and attempting to deal with stress.

If anyone has any input, suggestions, words of support, or ideas how I can try to relax, it would be much appreciated, as my tension level has been at an all-time high for months.

Thanks for being patient with my rantings, and I hope everyone out there is having a better day than I am.

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 11:30 AM   #2

princessmom1 HB User
Jennifer

Try to hang on things will hopefully get better.

Just a comment on your auto insurance -- as long the you didn't get a ticket with your accident -- check out changing insurance companies -- I did that awhile ago because my husband had an accident so they were charging us a additional charges for that -- since both out records were clean we were able to change companies and lower the rates

Old 05-12-2003, 01:00 PM   #3

Jennifluffer HB User
Thanks for the advice. No, I didn't get a ticket. I just didn't see the stupid pole that I hit. I probably should have gotten an estimate first to see how much it would have cost out-of-pocket. I figured the insurance would go up, I just didn't know how much!

Jenn

Old 05-12-2003, 05:48 PM   #4
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Oh Jenn, you poor thing. Did you hurt yourself? I hate it when poles coem running into the street don't you? You kind of sound like you are in the same boat that my husband and I are in. We are your age and understand about school debts. You sound like you are taking care of things in all the right ways. My husband does this faboulous thing were he finds the lowest interest rates on credit cards. He will not accept anything higher then 3%. I will find out his secrets and give them to you.
Although your boyfriend should have a more demanding schedule because everyone else has one, it is still his life. It sounds to me like you will be going further in your life then he will with his. But one thing you should try to remember at the moment this is what he is choosing and if he can, let him.
Is there anyway that you could do 1 job that pays enough? 2 jobs sucks, I have been there. It gets really draining. Jenn you just have to believe that you will get it done, don't let it stress you out, your tmj will come running.
Heather

Closed Thread