It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #1
Veteran

thisstarr HB User
Angry I feel like giving up :-(

Hello Everyone,

I just feel like giving up
I went to see a new dentist that I thought could help me with my TMJ, but I was wrong,I dont know why I get my hope up all the time! I guess we all do!

That was another $175 of wated money for a 10 min visit! If I added the bills and how much money I have spent on how many times I have seen people that claim to help me I would be rich if I saved all that money! $$$$$

He said my TMJ is so chronic he cant help me but referr me to this school called UCLA in LA, Ca, they are suppose to be a Profacial pain & Oral Medicane factulty. The visit is $350 just for the consultation I am so tired of all these doctors telling me they cant help me but dont, they are money hungery pigs...I just dont know what do to anymore!

I all ready left a message and canceled the appointment with the UCLA clinlc , we just cant afford it right now, my insurance does not cover it at all! He also gave me a name of a TMJ dentist that is though my insurance company Kaiser, but he is far away, but if he can help me it will be worth it! He is a Oral & Maaaxillofacial surgerion, I just hope he does not push surgery on me, like the last guy! I dont want to get any worse then I am already! I put in a request for a referrel to see this guy so hopefully he can help me, but it may take a while to see him!

I am just sad and neeed some support

Take Care,
Starr

[This message has been edited by thisstarr (edited 05-12-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
{{{{{Starr}}}}}
I know exactly how you are feeling. I also feel like giving up. I can't understand why finding help is so hard. What's the big mystery? I think it is like you said...they are money hungry blood sucking pigs. I also know how difficult it is to work within Kaiser. I had Kaiser many years ago and it was the worst experience of my life. Incompetence at it worst. It may have improved but from what you say it sounds like it has not. Hang in there. We just can't let them win.
Tiffany

Old 05-12-2003, 10:34 PM   #3
Veteran

thisstarr HB User
Talking

Hi Tiff,

Thanks for replying I appreciate it very much,I didnt think anyone would repond So you made my day

I am just so stress out and if I go to this Collage UCLA to help me with my TMJ Kaiser wont pay a dime so I am not to sure what I am going to do!

When I first found out I had TMJ,I went to one collage called Loma Linda out here that claim they helped people with TMJ...ha... it was my very first appointment with a TMJ dentist, I was so happy that I was finally going to get out of pain, boy was I wrong this was just the beginning of the hell I am still in today! The guy was so mean and not understanding at all and telling me it was all in my head and med's would not help at all and my visit was $400 dollars for 5 mins, I left in tears I was so upset! I didnt relieze how hard it was going to be for me to find someone to help me and that was over 2 years ago!

My husband cant change insurance companys for a while so I am stuck with Kaiser for a while! your so right they have not changed one bit! I get my medication from Kaiser and my doctor is really nice thank god and they paid for my botox injection! I had which I was shocked! I am suppose to get them in June again, hopefully they will help this time, becasue it didnt help the lasttime, the shots hurt so bad I was in tears when I left the hospital!

Thanks for being here your such a

Take Care,

Starr

Old 05-13-2003, 05:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

totallyconfused HB User
Starr,

Hi! I am sorry to hear that this new guy didn't work out. It sounds like you wouldn't have wanted him to be working on you anyway. I guess if I were you I would try the Oral surgeon. If your insurance covers him, you could at least see what he has to say. If you hear good things about UCLA, you might try pushing it with your insurance, but it sounds like you've tried that before and didn't have much luck. I am just beginning my first treatment (a splint) and I am praying it helps and doesn't make me worse.

Don't give up! Give the oral surgeon a try. If he tries to push you into a surgery you don't want tell him, "No"! The worst he can do is tell you he can't help you without surgery and refer you to someone else.

I truly hope that you are able to find some relief.

[This message has been edited by totallyconfused (edited 09-28-2003).]

Closed Thread