It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 11:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Cool Hey, Everone...it's Jennifer's Birthday!!!!!!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/birthday.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2003, 12:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Jennifer,

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 12:58 PM   #3
(female)

OHJELJ HB User
Thanks Cheryl! Now I'm embarrassed.... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this year is MUCH better than last year! I wish the same for everyone else too!

It's a good thing that ICE CREAM is still on my list of things I can eat!

I still feel old though....sigh...if the rain would just go AWAY! It's my birthday...no rain allowed!

Thanks again...you're great! I needed a smile!

Jennifer

Old 05-12-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran

Jill J HB User
Happy Birthday Jennifer......here's to a pain free year

Jill

Old 05-12-2003, 01:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

totallyconfused HB User
Jennifer,

I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Eats lots and lots of ice cream and have fun tonight. I know you are doing better, but I hope they figure out what is causing your headaches.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/birthday.gif

[This message has been edited by totallyconfused (edited 10-29-2003).]

Old 05-12-2003, 05:20 PM   #6
Veteran

HRevero HB User
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNIFER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
(This sounds better then I can sing)
I hope you have a wonderful year!!!!
Heather

Old 05-12-2003, 05:26 PM   #7
(female)

Isew4work HB User
Jennifer,
Happy Birthday!
Are you still not eating after your surgery? Please update me on your jaw situation. I have been off of here for a while. I am reconsidering, well sort of. I am not any better with our without my splint and I was starting to wonder what to do. I am going to another tmj doc for another opinion. Just wondered how you are now since its been a few months for you.
Mary

Old 05-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi Jennifer:
I hope you have a great birthday, http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/birthday.gif one with less pain and more joy . http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif
Tiffany

Old 05-12-2003, 07:50 PM   #9

Kierra HB User
Hi Jennifer

I haven't posted here that much, probably should..Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday.

Kierra

Old 05-13-2003, 05:46 AM   #10
(female)

OHJELJ HB User
Good Morning to everyone and Thank you soooo much for your kind words and wishes for my birthday. It was a rough day yesterday, but the ice cream was GREAT! I'm just ready to be done with all of the unknowns related to the jaw thing, but I think I just need to accept that they will be with me for the next 36 years!

I go to the doc today to discuss my headaches and the pop I've recently acquired on the left side....not a great thing, but it doesn't hurt...so he'll probably tell me to live with it. It's a scary thing to know there's such instability in there, but I guess I can live with anything if it doesn't hurt!

Mary, Things have been going really well, aside from the freakish headaches and ER visits. I've been chewing like a mad woman and even had a salad this weekend! For my birthday, all I wanted (besides ice cream!) was a hamburger...my favorite. I had one, albeit with a knife and fork, but it was wonderful! I even ate a pickle!

My husband hovers at every bite, but my PT says my opening is up to 35mm since I started to chew again. So I guess it's a good thing to chew as long as it doesn't hurt! I was afraid for awhile to do anything, but I'm still avoiding bagels and the like. I did have pizza without the crust...it wasn't as bad as I thought. I have to pace myself though...if I know we're eating pizza for dinner, I don't chew for lunch and conserve the muscles for later...seems to work well!

Overall, I consider the surgery a resounding success. I think the complications I've been having lately are related to the vertigo and vestibular therapy I've been going through. I'm no longer walking into things and I can get out of bed with out tripping or falling, so I think I'm going to call a halt to that part of my PT now....I think the eye exercises are exascerbating my nerve issues and creating the evil exploding headaches....

Anyway, I'm hoping for a full week of no problems this week. I have finally gone from a day at a time to a week now and hopefully will get to a month soon. My husband and I want to move back to Atlanta and start a family, so there's tons of stress ahead....I just need to make sure my body can hold up to it and be strong enough to do the baby thing!

Fill me in Mary on how you've been....

Heather, Tiffany, Cheryl, Kierra, Michelle, Jill, Cathleen and everyone else...thanks so much for the great notes! I wish everyone a pain free year!

Jennifer (Twice as old as when I graduated high school! )

Old 05-13-2003, 06:20 AM   #11
(female)

Isew4work HB User
Jennifer,
Thanks for the update. I have been out of the loop and wondered how you are. I am glad you are feeling better. I turned 36 in December. I still feel young though. Its all about your state of mind. Right???? I have a 14 year old son, a 13 year old daughter and an 8 year old daughter. Lately my older son and daughter give me the look that tells me that they think I am so old and so out of it! Ha, I know just what they are thinking and I have news for them. I felt the same way and it seems like it was about 5 years ago.

Best of luck to you on your upcoming move and family starting. How exciting. I am very happy for you.
Good luck on a pain free week!!
Mary

Closed Thread