It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Post Things just never get better

I'm so sorry to be here venting again. Many of you guys know that I have been struggling big time. I'm about so far down now that I'm not sure I can ever get back up. I'm about ready to give up totally. No money, no help, no solutions, only PAIN. How much can one person be asked to suffer anyway? Thanks for listening.
Tiffany

Old 05-12-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Tiffany it is just not fair is it?
But you have to get up and get moving. I really want you to feel better you deserve to. You have been in pain for so long I think you have had enough of it. If people at home are not supporting you I say so what, I support you and I know the rest of this board does too. Tiffany you have to fight and just get yourself better. If your husband says NO, you say YES and do it. TMJ can get people really down but it takes the person to get up and you have all of us lifting you, so I know that you can get through this.
Tiffany don't give up, you will only get worse. If you are at a 100 on a scale of 1-10, don't make it to a thousand.
Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi Heather:
You are right of course. I do know that I have you guys behind me and that means so much to me. I am truly a fighter so I will give myself a couple of days to recover and start fighting again. I am getting so weary at this point. It's been so many years of this pain. It would help me so much if my husband would assist me and fight for me but like you said if I have to to it myself I will. What other choice do I have. Thanks so much for the words of support and love to me. You don't know how much they mean to me right now.
Tiffany

Old 05-12-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

Tiffany,

Hang in there. Things WILL get better. We all have really down days once in awhile, but just make sure you bounce back from them. Keep fighting, and don't let 'em win. Tomorrow will be a better day!
Cheryl

Old 05-13-2003, 11:13 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Tiffany, Hang in there and keep fighting! You have given many people here on the board encouragement and hope so try to give some to yourself this time! You are a very special person or you wouldn't be able to help the others here the way you do. And remember to keep up the faith that someday soon you will have a good day! That's all you can do. Take care, Shell

Old 05-13-2003, 12:16 PM   #6
(female)

OHJELJ HB User
Tiffany,

Things DO get better...just not in the large strides that we'd like to see...to paraphrase the words of my favorite inspiration, Mother Theresa...If God only gives you what you can handle, he must trust me a great deal....God trusts you to deal with whatever is crossing your path...be mad, be real mad, but use the anger to help heal and keep your head up!

I've had the worst first eight months on record for the start of a marriage, but I keep fighting and looking ahead and NOT back...that will just knock you down over and over again. I get up every day and go on with life as much as I can. Take things one day at a time and if you're having a lousy day, deal with it and hope that tomorrow is better...if it isn't then there's always the next day. It sounds pretty trite I guess, but after a while, it will become a habit!

I saw my Father-in-law last night for the first time since my gall bladder surgery and my jaw surgery. He just kept saying, you look great! He was shocked; I think he expected to see me in a wheel chair or limping or something. His PERCEPTION of what I've been going through was much worse than the reality. Instead of being bummed out that he and my mother-in-law think I'm a huge burden to their son, I focused on being smug that while I didn't look great, I looked better than he expected. So there!

OK, I'm off my soapbox, but it breaks my heart for you to give up now! There are so many people that are here for you and need your support as well....do it for you and for them....

We love you!!!!! and more importantly, we're here for you 24/7...and we couldn't care less about what you're wearing or weather or not you've even combed your hair...that's the beauty of computers!

Chin up...ok not too far...it hurts when you do that!

Cheers!
Jennifer

[Edited to remove cuss words or words suggestive of profanity. The words "real mad" or "lousy" are more appropriate. Also consider using the smilies legend for exaggerated expressions or emotions. Thanks for your cooperation - Well-come Moderator.]

[This message has been edited by Well-come (edited 05-13-2003).]

Old 05-13-2003, 08:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi Everyone: {Sorry this is so long}
I have to say Thank You to each of you who has responded to my post. When I wrote that post I was so at the end of my rope and so tired but the love each of you has extended to me touched my heart and gives me the little extra strength I need to get up and try again. I am going to go slow because I can't take any more bad news of let downs right now but I'm not going to lay down and die as these blood sucking doctors and dentists would like me to do. When I have regained a bit of my strength and some courage I will start in fighting again. And I want you guys to know that your words of encouragement to me helped me realize all this. You guys telling me I'm worth the trouble and that I have helped others really hit me that hey maybe I do sometimes help others. Here's a little story about someone who touched me alot: The man who has been my jeweler for like 13 years died a couple of months ago. He was a fairly young man, only in his 40's but he had a serious heart condition. This man was always so nice to me, he always worked with me to get me the best deal on anything I bought or on any work he did for me. His death hit me really hard and I have thought of him often. I went into the jewelry store last week (it's family owned, his wife and father-in-law) and I told his wife how much he had touched my life and how much I thought of him and I asked her if she thought he knew that he had touched others lives like that and she said oh absolutely no he didn't. So, I guess the moral is that all of us touch others lives and most of us never even realize those we have helped. You guys have been like that for me. Your encouragement, your defeats, your victories. They are all mine too and you have all touched my heart deeply. I think of you guys often and I even speak about you guys to others and the things you have said to me or ideas you have shared. I just wanted all of you to know how much you mean to me.
Tiffany

Old 05-13-2003, 09:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

Hey Tiffany,

You're a very kind and special person who has alot to offer, don't forget that!
Cheryl

Closed Thread