It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2003, 10:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Angry Need to vent....

Hi,

I'm in a really bad mood today, and just needed to vent some. Mike went on his trip today. He spent most of the day there. He forgot to take his splint, so when he got home, his head was hurting worse than usual. (so, I guess that the splint must be doing something, maybe only keeping him from getting worse, I don't know) Now, he's an animal lover, (wants to be a vet) and my husband and I have been talking about getting him his "own" dog. (My husband and I have our own dogs, but he has never had his "own") We figured that maybe getting his own dog, he'd get his mind off of his pain, and replace some of his unhappy feelings with good ones. (At least to try to get his mind on other things) I've talked to him the past few weeks about when he gets his own house what kind of dog he'll get. Needless to say, as of Monday night, he's the owner of a Siberian Husky puppy. We agreed to train it together.(I want the dog to become more attached to him)
Anyway, since he was on his 14 hour trip today, I tried training the dog somewhat today. (I know this takes time, since I trained the others) Now let me tell you, (I'm sure you're all laughing!) I would take the thing out in the backyard for a good hour and a half, nothing. Bring it in the house, and the first 2 minutes, it went in the house. I spent the WHOLE day doing this, with the same results.....

Took the dog to pick him up from his trip, (kids crowd around, make him feel special, admiring his dog) as soon as we get home, yeah....you guessed it!!!
And in case any of you are thinking, yeah puppies urinate alot, that's NOT what it was doing. I've NEVER seen a dog go THAT many times during the course of one day-in my house!!!!!!

So, here I sit typing, feeling bad, with this adorable puppy at my feet, (with empty bowels, of course) who doesn't quite seem like the spawn of ***** that it seemed like today. Thanks for listening, sometimes I should just bang my head into the wall.

Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-30-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2003, 12:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Cheryl,

You've overlooked one very important thing. We're all human. The kind of stress you've been under would and does get to everybody. My son was never sick, Thank God, but my TMJ problems, escalated when he was a teen.
It was hard. He was a great kid, but somedays, it seemed like everything he did put my head into a vice.
I don't know how I would have managed if he had been having health problems, too.

I think the puppy is a very good idea. The worst "part" will be over soon and he will hopefully take a lot of Mike's attention. We got 2 dogs when our Michael was about 12. They both lived about 14 years. they were a big part of his life.

I have cats and they have always been a source of comfort and amusement, even when I feel the worst.

Don't get down on yourself for a lapse every now & then. Please "DO NOT" bang your head into the wall, it won't help. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif (I say this from experience.)

Prayers for a better day tomorrow,
Cymy Sue

Old 05-14-2003, 06:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for your support, Cymy Sue. He didn't ask to be sick, and he had no clue what a day I had with his dog, either. As an adult, I should know better. Doesn't it sometimes seem like nothing in life is good? Oh well, better days lie ahead. Have a good day, Cymy Sue.
Cheryl

Old 05-14-2003, 06:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

totallyconfused HB User
Smile

Cheryl,

Hi! You are a great mom and puppies can be a handful. It is nice that you got a puppy. I'm sure it will help to distract him a little from his pain. By the way, did he say how his day went with the girl he likes? I hope he still had fun. I guess you will have to tie that splint around his neck! Try to have a good day.

[This message has been edited by totallyconfused (edited 06-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by totallyconfused (edited 10-29-2003).]

Old 05-14-2003, 07:09 AM   #5
(female)

OHJELJ HB User
Hey Cheryl, I know you had a crappy day...no pun intended , but your note had me laughing outloud! Sounds like Mr. Puppy needs the obedience school on Madison Ave....and fast!

The puppy thing is a great idea...it will take Mike's focus off of his pain and probably help to relax him a bunch! Not to mention the fun walks in the Metro parks etc! I want a puppy...but no room for one in our lives right now. Sigh. Don't even worry about being stressed out with Mike! He needs to take responsibility for his splint too...so if he forgets, get upset, but remember he's paying the consequences with an evil headache! I'm sure that won't happen too often! You're such a great mom, that I think Mike realizes you're only being human....you're allowed you know!

Anyway, just so you know, the puppy is a test...a cute, furry test. You made it through the first icky day of it with flying colors! (the puppy lived! ) Take him and all of the 'benefits' that go with him and remember, the positives will FAR outway the negatives!

Take care and hope you have a less stressful day today! Glad to hear Mike had fun on his trip...hope the weather holds so you can run the pup until he drops...maybe he'll be too tired to leave you little gifts!

Enjoy our sunny day!
Jennifer

[This message has been edited by OHJELJ (edited 05-14-2003).]

Old 05-14-2003, 08:19 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Wow Cheryl! What a day you had. I understand your frustration totally with the puppy. We had one that did the exact same thing when Emily was about 3 years old. I was so worked up about it and then in the end it turned out I was allergic to the dog and we had to give him away. I cried that whole weekend. I had finally trained him and we really loved him but nothing would help the allergies. But I remember taking him out and he would pee but not the other until we got back in the house. I spent endless days cleaning up after him all day long. Mike would come home from work and I would totally lay into him. I think we actually had one of our biggest fights ever at that time and I was so wicked. But the puppy did get trained and had to go anyway. It was bittersweet at the time. Hang in there with the puppy. He will get better as I am sure you already know having 2 other dogs.

Sorry to hear that Mike came home with such a bad headache. Did he enjoy the trip at all? I hope so. I am sure he understands that you were just upset about the hard day you had. Add that to the fact that he was probably extra tired from being on a trip and it all just makes for a very hard day. It is good that you are able to talk so openly with him and that he is able to show you how he is feeling. So many teens don't do that these days. You have a great relationship with him and are a wonderful Mother from the sounds of things. Like you told me, don't be so hard on yourself!!!

Well, hope today is much better for all of you! What did Mike name the puppy? I bet this will help him alot and be good for him! Take care, Michelle

Old 05-14-2003, 08:20 AM   #7

Jennifluffer HB User
Cheryl,
Sorry you're having such a trying time with the puppy, but how thoughtful it was of you and your husband to get your son something special of his very own to take care of and focus his attention on to, hopefully, take away some of the pain.

I don't have kiddos yet, so I can't really relate that much to your feelings. What I can say is that I'm so glad you explained things to your son after your outburst and were able to fix everything. Growing up, my father had a terrible temper, and rarely did he ever apologize for his outbursts or talk to me afterwards to make everything ok again. Usually the tension would just hang around for days afterward until it dispersed again, and then it would repeat a few weeks later. So kudos for communicating your frustrations to you son and letting him know what the real issue was.

I, too, must admit that I found your trials and tribulations with the puppy pretty funny! Here's to a future of not having to clean up dog-doo on your carpet anymore!

Jenn

Old 05-14-2003, 01:58 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wink

Thanks, you've all made me feel better. Ya know, after getting a decent night's sleep, and rereading what I had written the night before, I was hysterical! Anyway, he had fun on his trip yesterday, even though he was hurting. His head seemed to calm down abit today, just the usual hurt. (he made sure he had his splint with him before leaving for school!) His head feeling like it's in a vice, and the tinnitus are his biggest complaints, he said if one or the other would go away, he'd manage. Hopefully, in time, with a new doctor, both will dissipate.

He named his dog, Nikki. He had me search for popular sled dog names. I printed 1800 dog names, probably on 10,000 sheets of paper, he picked the third one. (should've just printed the first page!) Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, with the dog. Still had accidents, but we were out most of the day, and I've been keeping it in the kitchen more. (easier to clean) Surprised me, I had errands to run, left him here with "Nikki", and they were out in the backyard chasing each other when I came back. He hasn't been complaining about his head since he's with the dog, so it's been worth all of the frustration.
Jennifer, today was lousy but not as bad as yesterday!! hehe We'll see, I might need that doggie school by the end of the week!
Thanks, all of you always make me see the "lighter" side of things.
Cheryl

[Edited to remove cuss words. Lousy or bad is better. Thanks for your cooperation - Well-come Moderator.]

[This message has been edited by Well-come (edited 05-14-2003).]

Closed Thread