It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2003, 10:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

PINKYPRISCILLA HB User
Post To Cymy Sue

have you heard of another procedure where they actually take a "fat" graft and put it between the joints to cushion them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Yes, I've talked at length with 3 surgeons about everything (natural)that can be used for replacement material. I was told as recently as last Sept. that nothing holds up in the TM joint. There's too much usage and "load" on this joint.

I think there are possibly some Doctors who will attempt these procedures, but the ones I've seen have tried it all and had too many failures. The only procedure they do at the present is to remove the disc.

They say this works better long term. My Dentist, whom I trust, says this is correct information. He says that all of the "replacement" attempts he has seen, heard of and kept up with in stats, end up with discectomies.

Cymy Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2003, 02:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PINKYPRISCILLA HB User
thanks for the reply. I agree with you that it doesn't sound so great because of the constant movements in the jaw that this piece of fat wouldn't displace itself too!!

Closed Thread