It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2003, 09:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Post Cheryl, I got my splint today.

Hiya Cheryl! Hope Mike is feeling better today with his virus. Did he make it to school today? Emily's cold is almost gone. I am glad, she missed enough school this year.

Well, I got the splint. It feels wonderful. Not tight at all, the bite seems just right. Maybe this will be the answer. It is a bit softer plastic and a bit more flexible than the others I have worn. The dentist said he thought I needed a more flexible one since my teeth tilt inward towards my tongue. Also since I am so hyper sensitive to anything tight fitting on my teeth.

On the flexeril issue, he said I really should try to wean off again and only use it for flare ups. I am going to take only 1/2 pill the next two nights and then stop it again. This is not my PMS or menstrual week so maybe it will be better this time and I will be able to go for a longer period without needing to take it. It has just made me feel like a normal person again and I keep thinking why should I walk around feeling lousy when I can just take one at bedtime and wake up feeling so much better. But I don't want to build up a tolerance to it like I did to tylenol and aspirin from taking them so long.

Well, hope you are having a nice day. The weather here is beautiful. The sun is finally shining! How is it there? Take care, Michelle

Old 05-19-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

Hey There Michelle,

I'm glad that this splint feels comfortable. Sounds to me like this may be the one! Do you have to wear it 24/7, or just at night? Alot easier talking with a lower, huh? He said that it is. Sometimes in the early evening, he'll pop in his night splint early, and boy, he has a hard time talking with that thing! (luckily he doesn't have to wear that one to school!)

As for his virus, he's better, but not well, yet. I shipped him off to school, since he's missed so many days this year. He's still on steroids and antibiotics, though. Me? Figures, I woke up this morning with a horrendous sore throat (that's how his started) and my period, of course. I've been so stressed lately, that it doesn't want to go away. Most people get overly stressed, and their period doesn't come....me, it doesn't want to leave. Go figure! I read what you girls were saying earlier concerning that. It's true, no matter what ails you, it being physical or mental, when "that time" comes, it makes whatever you're dealing with 3 fold worse!

As for the Flexeril, it would be a good idea getting off of it for awhile, so you can see exactly how well this splint is working. You did it before, you can do it again, besides, this time you have your splint helping you.

The weather here is beautiful, sunny and around 75. Life always seems to be a little better when it's sunny and warm!

You said that Emily was in a spring play on Friday, I believe. How'd she do, and what kind of play was it?
Take Care, Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-30-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2003, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi Michelle:
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I just wanted to say congratulations on finding the help you needed and getting the proper splint. I know it must make such a difference.
Tiffany

Old 05-19-2003, 06:41 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Cheryl, Mike is right, it is much easier to talk with the lower one. I sat there with it in talking to the dentist and I didn't even notice it was there. Now, the upper one I use to wear as much as possible during the day and all night long. That one people use to look at me like something was wrong with me. But I wore it anyway. The lower one is for night time but he said I can use it during the day if I want to. Sometimes with the upper one I would bite down on it alot during the day if I was working or something and I think it gave me worse headaches. But I think with this lower one being softer that won't happen.

I sure hope you feel better soon with your throat. I had that last month right around my period and then it changed to a sinus infection. I hope Mike feels well too. Emily is still on an antibiotic too. She has missed alot of school this year too. She had pneumonia in December, that stomach thing, you name it. The only thing she didn't get was strep and that went around her class plenty. She got the pneumonia vaccine in January and since that she has had one sinus infection a month. I was almost wondering if it made her sick at first but they said it was not possible.

Thanks for asking about her school concert. It was a musical and turned out really cute. I could actually hear her voice when they were singing she was singing pretty loud for once. The kindergarten was the cutest though.

Well, I better get to bed here. I will pray for you and Mike to feel better! Take care, Michelle

Old 05-19-2003, 06:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Tiffany, Thanks for jumping in and for the kind words. I am praying for you too that you will find the help you need. Hope you get your MRI results in soon. Did you say your appt. is in June? Hang in there! Take care, Michelle

Closed Thread