It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2003, 08:58 PM   #1

quinnma HB User
Question fatigue?

Hi,

Does anyone experience unusually bad fatigue with TMJ? Also does anyone experience increased pain from talking? My face and ear pain gets worse just talking to my friends.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #2

sandra1 HB User
Wink

Hello Quinnma,

I have not really experience bad fatigue in the tmj, but I do feel more pain or tension just from talking more during the day. Most people with tmjd do experience more pain in the jaw,face,ear, and other areas due to increase jaw function. It's a common thing in tmjd.

Sandi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2003, 10:19 PM   #3
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Hello!!!!
I suffer from bad fatigue and also teh pain you described. I have been told that when you are under a lot of pain for a long period of time it will take a toll on you. YOur body is compensating for the pain. Also,do you sleep good at night?. I don't I toss and turn all night long. This does not help my case.
Heather

Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 AM   #4

lucy25 HB User
Lightbulb

I too suffer the horrible fatigue but i've come to realize that it is probably caused by the stress and worry of TMJ. I also have a hard time talking quite often, and I have to be on the phone all day at work so that doesn't help at all!

Old 05-22-2003, 05:07 PM   #5

geevee624 HB User
i too suffer from bad fatique. I feel more tired in the morning when i wake up then when i went to bed,which is weird because sleeping is supposed to rejuvenate your body and give you more energy. the pain from tmj does not bother me once i have fallen asleep, i can sleep through the night. my dentist said that even though the pain doesnt wake me up, it still disrupts my sleep and thats why i feel like ive never slept.

Closed Thread