It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2003, 11:51 AM   #1

p-nacho HB User
Post more fluid movement ..

I swear if I ever get rid of all this fluid, I will be one of the happiest girls on earth! hehe. Well a quick update. Last month I reported that a big glob of fluid went down my throat that seemed to come from my right side/jaw area. Then the jaw ached so badly up until recently. Lately if I take the nasal steroids then the right side does pretty good. Well last night the left side felt a little fluid movement. Once in the shower, I was rinsing the shampoo out of my head.. and with my head back I felt a big glob of fluid go down my throat seeming to come from the left side this time. Then it was odd as it felt as if there was a lump that was gone and left a big hole behind my jaw area inside (sorry.. positioning hard to describe). Today the fluid is back a bit, but I was able to force some more through. I still feel this huge wad of fluid in there though... almost like it's solidified. I took my steroids a bit ago and low and behold my left ear popped and for a minute I could hear better. (not myself, but outside noises) It's clogged up again now, but I guess it gives me a little bit of hope.

I have noticed too lately that machines aren't as loud to me anymore. I used to could hear them better than human voices, but slowly it seems to be reversing. I hope this means I'm on the way to recovery. Jaw still popping but the day to day ache usually saves itself for night time.

Hopefully healing
panch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hbep HB Userhbep HB Userhbep HB User
Hi panch,

Very happy that you're experiencing a bit of relief from your symptoms - I sooo empathise with the plugged up ears, hearing problems awfulness - really gets to you after a while, doesn't it? I'm constantly checking what my hearing is doing. With your ears so plugged up do you get light headed/dizzy?

Old 05-10-2003, 06:44 PM   #3

p-nacho HB User
Hiya hbep! I remember yours came from an ear problem too. How's your treatment progressing these days? What meds are you using?

I typically don't get too much dizziness. I did so more in the past than now.. espcially if I turned a cerain direction or bent over. Now it just feels as if the fluid has solidified and is just stuck in there. I can point exactly where it is and if I had a long really slender tube I think I could put the tube up my nose and force the fluid on through hehe.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

panch

Old 05-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Talking

Hey p,
It sounds like you have been having some exciting things happen to you lately. That would be cool if you could just suck your fluid out with a tube - never letting it return again. I was wondering do you ever choke on all that fluid? Does it have any type of taste? What color is it?
I am glad that your jaw tries not to bother you too much during the day, now we got get it not to get fussy at night.
Heather

Old 05-23-2003, 09:44 AM   #5
(female)

dulce75 HB User
solidified fluid stuck up there....wow that sounds like what I'm going through.

How is it that you were able to get some of it out? (ie down your throat). I've had this problem for 7 years and can't get rid of it no matter what I do. I don't even remember anymore what it is like to hear normally and to not feel pressure behind my ears and all over my face.

thanks,
Michelle

Closed Thread