It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 04:05 PM   #1

mek918 HB User
Post Just back from vacation - Frustration!!

Why is it that while I'm away on vacation, I feel SO much better? Barely any head/neck/back pain??? Granted, it was a beach vacation and I got lots of sleep and did nothing strenous.

This is my first day back at work and already everything is so tight and SO painful! It's hard sometimes to believe it's TMJ and not in my head, since I'm so much better when I'm not at this desk.

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 04:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Hey There,

Sounds to me like stress and posture are big culprits.

Cheryl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hbep HB Userhbep HB Userhbep HB User
Hello there,

I can sooo relate to this. If I could give up work entirely and live a life of leisure I'd be so much better. I also sit at a computer all day. I think posture is a big culprit. Do not sit with your head pulled forward away from your body, if you lean in to your desk to type, or write, move your back in line with your head, if you see what I mean. Head pulled forward is bad. See if you catch yourself clenching whilst you work. Could be another factor. Otherwise it's just stress - work stress makes my symptoms worse, no question - then again, having no money and not being able to pay my mortgage would be even more stress. It's a big problem, I share your frustration, been pondering this dilemma myself. Lottery win?

Old 05-13-2003, 12:40 PM   #4

mek918 HB User
OUCH!
Now have pinched nerve in my shoulder blade. Can only look down. This is truly awful. Sharp, terrible pain.

I swear, the only stress in my life is dealing with this disease. I wouldn't be stressed at work if I didn't feel so awful all the time.

Going to get massage tonight - emergency situation.

Old 05-24-2003, 10:03 AM   #5

antoni HB User
I have to tell everybody. For 2 years after suffering from TMJD(from getting 9 fillings done through a controversial procedure called air abrasion which messed up my bite), my desk job became intolerable. My neck pain was really bad. SO I quit my job a couple months ago. Now I am making alot less money working a night grunt job(it's the only job I was able to land in this economy) where I am on the phone wearing headsets and talking for 6 hours straight. Unfortunately, by the end of the night my jaw bones ache. BUt recently I had 4 onlays(partial crowns) put on to stabilize my bite. THe onlays have made my bite feel different and the left side is different from the right side. Although before the onlays, the bite was completely LOPSIDED from the original 9 fillings. So it's a long process, my TMJD joint(s) was dislocated from the original 9 fillings and it's not going back the way it was no matter how many onlays or bite adjustments. I have good days and bad days. One prosthodontist didn't want to do onlays on my 9 original fillings as he felt it may not work and may have even made things worse. ALthough getting the onlays wasn't a useless procedure and I found some improvement it was not without drawbacks. I don't know of any way to get the TMJ's in the proper position once they have been messed up.

Having no money worries and not having a stressful job would definitely improve my TMJ's though. BUt I have another 30 years before retirement so I hope my TMJ;s hold out.

Closed Thread