It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2003, 08:34 PM   #1

Bren30 HB User
Smile Elaine..I still think of you often.

Hello there..
Elaine..How is everything? I have been reading a few post and it looks like alot of new names that are in TMJD pain.I sure hate to see that.
But I sure hope you are getting along OK..
I'm still glad I went through the surgery Dec'01.My joint is alot better.I had problems back last July.I was on vacation (Enjoying sunny Florida) and was hit from the back again..Bad Bad pain..Bleeding in the joints..More on the side I had Artho on. Made me have floaters in my right eye , prorifial vision was a mess.. from swelling.I also had to stop taking Paxil and on to Zanax.
To be Honest its been downhill since that accident.My well being.. and the state of mind I had before the accident is no longer..I really wish I had more than six months of feeling wonderful.
My problem more than ever now I belive is depression.
I just can't , no matter what get a break in life.

Well...I hope Marlene..J-man and Most of all you Elaine.. are getting along fine....I think of all of you alot.

Old 04-03-2003, 11:06 AM   #2
Inactive

Elaine HB User
Talking

Bren,
Was good to hear from you, I have been wondering about you also. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
A few people on here, Marlene, Julie, and Sue have me convinced to try a splint again. I don't think any were ever made right. Sue and Julie are both surgical and having good results so "one more time". Julie lives close to me so I am trying her dentist with hopes that he can help me.
My back problems are a lot better and for that, I am thankful.
Are you on any anti-depressants? I was on lexapro for awhile and didn't seem to have any side-effect from it. I took myself off it because I didn't ever feel that I was depressed in the first place. My doctor thought I must be with all that was going on. Surprise, surprise, I still don't feel depressed. Maybe you should think about trying it if you haven't already? A few on this board are on it,I remember reading one thread about it.
Anyway, take care and stay in touch....
Elaine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi Bren:
I'm so sorry for your problems. It seems alot of us have depression and why wouldn't we? I mean the pain and the feeling of loneliness. Reading your post tore at my heart because so many of us feel depression. I hope things improve for you. Six months of feeling good is not nearly enough.
Tiffany

Old 04-04-2003, 11:12 PM   #4
(male)

J-man HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Bren30:
Hello there..
Elaine..How is everything? I have been reading a few post and it looks like alot of new names that are in TMJD pain.I sure hate to see that.
But I sure hope you are getting along OK..
I'm still glad I went through the surgery Dec'01.My joint is alot better.I had problems back last July.I was on vacation (Enjoying sunny Florida) and was hit from the back again..Bad Bad pain..Bleeding in the joints..More on the side I had Artho on. Made me have floaters in my right eye , prorifial vision was a mess.. from swelling.I also had to stop taking Paxil and on to Zanax.
To be Honest its been downhill since that accident.My well being.. and the state of mind I had before the accident is no longer..I really wish I had more than six months of feeling wonderful.
My problem more than ever now I belive is depression.
I just can't , no matter what get a break in life.

Well...I hope Marlene..J-man and Most of all you Elaine.. are getting along fine....I think of all of you alot.
Hi Bren,

Thanks for thinking about us all. I'm always amazed whenever I read posts written here, that people are able to spread encouragement to others, in the midst of the pain and daily struggles they are feeling themselves. Internet communication is funny, you can write to people you've never met in 'real life' and yet, as you share with them the very personal day to day challenges you are facing, and hear back what they're going through as well..it seems to me this is a big part of what 'real life' is all about, isn't it ? :-)

I'm so sorry to hear about how things have been after your accident,Bren. I can certainly relate on a smaller scale with that ole pattern of having your hopes raised up, and then later experiencing a downturn or disappointment. It's surprising sometimes that with all this, we can keep on pressing on with determination, but we do. And personally I've found that God has helped me to perservere, and this has often been as he operates through the helping hands, and listening ears of other people.

I'm also so thankful to see that there are those among us who've been getting better or have gotten better (like Marlene and Cymy Sue). Reading about how Cymy Sue went from 19mm opening to over 30mm should give us all hope !!

May you all keep spreading the encouragement on this good forum. And God bless each of ya !

John

Old 04-05-2003, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran

Marlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB User
Cool

Hi Bren,

I'm so sorry to hear of your setbacks - it's like 1 step forward, 2 steps back, isn't it? I sincerely hope for better days ahead for you! Thanks for asking about everyone - I'm still doing great.

Marlene

Old 04-05-2003, 08:55 PM   #6
Inactive

Elaine HB User
Wrong thread for my post so I am deleting it..

[This message has been edited by Elaine (edited 04-07-2003).]

Old 04-06-2003, 09:29 PM   #7

Bren30 HB User
Wink

Thanks Everyone..
The most wonderful thing about life right now..Its beautiful outside..Spring time..
I now have something else to get over..Allergies. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

I still, to this day get the support I need from all of you.
And yes.. J-Man... You and the many others I have met online.. Are Wonderful Strangers to know.I know you can give advice and it comes from within...
Why?? Because you are a sufferer as well.

Thanks Guys for the Comforting Thoughts
It means Alot!!

Old 04-06-2003, 09:51 PM   #8
(female)

Sharbear HB User
HeyElaine,
I have been thinking of you as well. I hope that things settle down for you soon. Take care.
Sharri

Old 05-23-2003, 09:18 PM   #9
(female)

Sharbear HB User
Elaine,
Are you out there in cyber world? Is everything ok?
Sharri

Old 05-24-2003, 01:57 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Sharri,

I hope I'm not out of line, but I don't know if Elaine is checking the board right now.

She's recently had some tragedies in her family.(If you've seen her brief posts, excuse me) Her Father-in-Law died recently of Cancer. Her son was in an accident, badly broken leg.

Her Mother was in the Hospital for a while and has been sent home with what appears to be end-stage COPD. From her last couple of posts, it doesn't sound good.
She's staying with her (Mother) and I don't think she has made a post since about the 17th.

All of this has happened in about the last 5 or 6 weeks. We're all waiting to hear from her and worried for her.

Cymy Sue

Old 05-25-2003, 09:08 PM   #11
(female)

Sharbear HB User
Sue,
It's been about a month since I have heard from Elaine. I did get an E mail telling me about her mom. I did not know about her son, etc.. I did answer her mail but still have not heard anything. If I do not hear anyhting again soon I will have to look up her phone number and try to call her on her cell.
Thanks,
Sharri

Closed Thread