It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2003, 05:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile Hi Cheryl

Cheryl, So, how was your weekend? Good I hope. How is Mike feeling? When will you see the chiropractor again? And isn't the appt. with the new Dr. coming up?

Things are going okay here I guess. The weather wasn't good so that doesn't help. The sun just finally came out at 6:30 pm. Maybe it will stay out for tomorrow if we get lucky.

I am definitely calling the dentist tomorrow when I get home from my volunteering. I need to get over there and get the splint adjusted. I had only a very mild headache when I wake up but the muscles in my face are just in spasms again. I could really use a flexeril tonight but I am trying not to. I think I may just have to cave in and take one. I think I am afraid that when I use up the bottle I have he won't want to give me any more and I want to keep them for when it is unbearable. Of course if I wait that long they won't work anyway.

So, basically things seem to be regressing right now for me after having 2 very good months. But I keep reminding myself that I can get back to that good feeling again. Just need to keep trying things that help. I got a referral from a friend at church for a massage therapist that she uses. She had some mild TMJD symptoms at one time and they really helped her. I want to talk to my dentist first before I do anything. He knows so much about this that I am even wondering if he may do any type of massage himself for it.

So, I will let you know how things are going. Maybe the splint adjustment is all I will need. I think it just be slightly off on the one side may be causing all of this flare up. I am most likely clenching on that at night. Plus it is PMS week yet again. Oh joy!

Well, hope things are going good for you. How was your holiday picnic? Take care and talk to you soon, Michelle

Last edited by shell389; 11-10-2003 at 05:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well. Maybe all you do need is an adjustment, we all know that if the splint isn't 'right', it'll cause problems, especially if one side isn't quite right.

As for the massotherapy, give it a try. Make sure that whoever you find works with tmj problems. The lady that he sees does, I looked around for someone that did. He said that it feels like heaven! PMS week....that always seems to make everything worse!

He's hanging in there. His next appt. with the chiro. is on Wednesday, and the 'new' doctor that he'll be seeing is on Wednesday morning. I was considering getting a consult. with a neuromuscular dentist, too. ( a few of his physicians have mentioned him, too) I guess maybe hearing what both have to say, and seeing who feels they have something to offer him. He doesn't feel that much better, but his mood has been better. The dog really seems to be helping him. Since we're getting her somewhat trained, I'm getting attached to her, too!

Didn't the weekend go by sooo fast? I think that our weather was similar to yours. It was overcast, rainy, and sort of cool the whole weekend. We didn't even go to my Mom's for a barbecue. My brother came down with a bad cold.

Anyway, things will get back to be 'good', Michelle, just hang in there, and get ahold of that dentist!
Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-31-2003).]

Old 05-27-2003, 01:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Cheryl,

I got an appointment for tomorrow morning to see the dentist. They are so accomodating and I am glad. I did end up taking a flexeril last night and it helped me alot. I felt a bit better today. My teeth (bite) just feel so off right now though. I am wondering if my top teeth are shifting at all from no longer wearing the top nightguard. Guess I will ask what he thinks on that one tomorrow.

Would you believe my husband has been putting off a toothache for a week now? It must be really bothering him today though as he called me from work and asked me to get him an appt. So he is going tomorrow at 4:15. It is a lower wisdom tooth so my guess is they will pull it. (90% filling already) Then he can act like a big baby for a day or two. (haha)

Well, I will be thinking of you and Mike tomorrow for his appt. with the new dr. and the chiro. I think you are headed in the right direction here!! Take care, Michelle

ps. sorry your picnic got kinda rained out. we had ours but it was indoors.

Old 05-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

Michelle,

I'm glad to hear that your dentist is going to take you so soon. Ask him everything that you can possibly think about that doesn't seem right with your splint, teeth shifting, etc.... You know how these things cause more problems if they're not 100%!

As for your husband putting off his toothache, boy, for him to go to the dentist it must be awful!!!!! Most men wait until things are really 'bad' before they break down and go!!!

Let me know how it goes tomorrow, and I'll do the same. Take Care,
Cheryl

p.s. The weather here is STILL rainy, and cool. It's hard to believe that the begining of June is this weekend! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Closed Thread