It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 09:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Lightbulb NIH, NIDCR,JJAMD & TMJDIWIG

Hi All,

I bumped up saaraah's Topic " National Health Inst.-NM Dentistry not effective", Not for arguments sake, but on the second page (2), the first post I made is some current info on what these groups have done or are doing. The TMJDWIG is now responsible for all research and advancement in treatment protocol and help for those who suffer.

Since many of us have been discussing what can be done and why nothing is done, I thought you might be interested. I spent several days reading reports and all available and current information and it's not real encouraging.

Cymy Sue

[This message has been edited by Cymy Sue (edited 09-04-2003).]

Old 09-04-2003, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
Hi Cymy Sue
Could you please tell me what TMJDIWIG stands for?
I can not find anything on it???
Thanks
Diane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Hi Diane,

It stands for "TMJD Interagency Working Group",
(sometimes you can find it completely spelled out;
Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Interagency Working Group. I've seen it both ways)
established by the NIDCR (National Institute of Dental and Cranial Research) in 1996, to study TMJ Dysfunction and Disorders.
There's some information about the agency on these sites;
[url="http://www.nidr.nih.gov/tmdiwg/background.asp"]www.nidr.nih.gov/tmdiwg/background.asp[/url]
[url="http://www.nidr.nih.gov/tmdiwg/"]www.nidr.nih.gov/tmdiwg/[/url]
[url="http://www.nidr.nih.gov/tmdiwg/minutes.asp"]www.nidr.nih.gov/tmdiwg/minutes.asp[/url]

You kind of have to weed through the NIH and NIDCR stuff to find it.

Maybe this will help and I'll look for some other info I have on it.

Cymy Sue

Diane, I apologize, I see that I put too many I's in the Topic abbreviation and in the I in the wrong place in post. It should be "TMJDIWG". I had it right in saarah's Topic. I am sorry to have caused you any trouble. (I was in a hurry this morning)

[This message has been edited by Cymy Sue (edited 09-04-2003).]

Closed Thread