It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 03:35 AM   #1

looney HB User
Question Anyone Have Severe Head, Scalp and Neck Pain?

Dear all,

I'm in the process of getting some sort of splint made for my TMJ. I'm not sure if I should go with the neuro muscular splint or the night splint. But in any case, I have the worst muscle spasm in my head, scalp, and neck. It is so tight, and the muscles don't want to release. Every day all day. I'm hurting so bad, and I'm sensitive to meds so muscle relaxants aren't an option right now.

Does the splint help with the muscle spasm (even if the muscle spasm came before the TMJ)? What about trigger point therapy? Has anyone tried that?

I'm really struggling, and I hope somebody out there has had this and found relief.

Thanks,

Looney

Old 09-05-2003, 05:32 AM   #2
(female)

OHJELJ HB User
To answer your question, yes. I've had all of the above pain. I've found that my PT and stretching exercises help the most...I'm sure a splint that is fit correctly can help relax the muscles as well.

Best of luck!
Jennifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 09:10 AM   #3
(female)

heather47 HB User
I am in day two of my latest spell of pain. It starts on the top of my head, which hurts to touch and goes down into my head around my ear. It isn't a constant pain, but a sharp stabbing pulse that makes me flinch every time it hits. I found that physical therapy actually made me worse and the PT agreed and released me. What really helps me is the chiropractor. I also have back and neck pain from a car accident that worsens my jaw pain. Now if only my insurance covered the care I need.

Old 09-06-2003, 08:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

crystalll HB User
Smile

Hi,

It seems everybody responds differently to certain types of therapy. I see a massage therapist who does trigger point therapy, and I find that it helps me immensely.

It's worth a try...

Crystal

Closed Thread