It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 10:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Ouch-ear-pain HB User
Exclamation My mouth is sooo small!!!

My mouth is soo small it is unbelievable. when I look at it in the mirror it's like dang! Could this be a cause of TMJ? I also have an overbite but It is weird to think my mouth is so small. I can't even put three fingers in there!!! I sometimes wonder...Do any of you have this problem??

Old 09-06-2003, 02:31 PM   #2

StylophonePet HB User
Did you have your wisdomteeth pulled yet? Assuming you have wisdomteeth.
Yes my mouth is very small aswell, my dentist has to use childrens drills, saws and files to work in my mouth because otherwise she would damage my other teeth

If you have wisdomteeth, and you need to have them removed, don't forget to mention your jaw problems to the surgeon. The surgeon I had was a real ******* & butcher.
TC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 04:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Ouch-ear-pain HB User
Well thank you for your reply. I do not have my wisdom teeth yet. They are just starting to come in and they have no room! I feel bad for em` cause I like my mouth it is cute and small. hehehehe I will get them removed because duh` there is no room. Though I may not want to get them removed I know I have too! Oh well it's for my best to get them removed~

Old 09-06-2003, 04:36 PM   #4

StylophonePet HB User
Your dentist will probably suggest it, but if you have all 4 wisdomteeth (some people don't have 'em all) get them removed in one go under full narcose because if they pull them 2 by 2 you might not desire to go back for the other 2...

Old 09-06-2003, 05:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi:
My mouth is very small as well. My orthodontist told me if anyone ever says I have a big mouth to tell them they are wrong. LOL
Tiffany

Old 09-06-2003, 06:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Ouch-ear-pain HB User
Thanks Tiffany and pet. I appreciate it. Pet: they can remove them all at the same time? Does it hurt to get them pulled? I don't want them pulled if it does, but I guess I will have too! Aghhh(me screaming) LOL

Old 09-07-2003, 11:27 AM   #7

StylophonePet HB User
If they pull the teeth all at once they'll probably put you asleep for the procedure, if you have a good dentist and surgeon they'll suggest it anyhow.
Beause your mouth is so small the procedure is quite invasive hence the full narcoses.

I won't lie to you for me it hurt like hell, and I still feel the pain in my face (I had them pulled in may) make sure you find a competent surgeon.
Pulling wisdomteeth is somewhat a standard procedure and most surgeons do this 10 times a day (so to speak)

If they tell you you need to have them pulled, coz' this adds to the stress and pain on your jaw, just have them pulled.
Remember, you only have to get rid of them once in your whole life.
Take Care

Closed Thread