It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 09:45 PM   #1

Jamie HB User
Post It all started...

It all started a little over a year ago now... I had my radio on in the car, and my right ear started to feel "weird". It was almost like a feeling of fullness.

Months would pass, and it would kick in quicker and quicker. Doctors had no idea, gave me medication for "clogged sinues". I was told I was fine...

Then it got worse.. now, it doesn't even take music for my right ear to fill up. It could be a loud noise, a pitch of somebody's voice.

I havem't been to a movie theater forever. I can't turn up the music that I love and "get into it". I have to stick to patio's when I want to go have a few "drinks with the guys..." heading home early when they go dancing at a local club.

3, 4, 5 ENT's all say I am fine. Symptoms get worse with each day that passes. I found a doctor (dentist) willing to help, and he thinks it's TMJ related... I don't feel it is.. but who am I to argue right now? SOMEBODY is trying to help me. Somebody who has the ability to help me, or pass me off to somebody else if his treatment doesn't work.

I really hope that somebody I can write you a HAPPY ending to this story.

Let's hear yours...

Old 09-07-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Jamie,

I've got a kid dealing with this mess, too. His came on following a sinus infection. Might I also add that he had braces at the time. He came down with a headache from he** rather acutely along with major ear problems. At the time, I thought it was all sinus related. Both his ears always felt 'full' along with tinnitus and sensitivity to sound. I took him to so many doctors, I can't even count them all. As for ENT's, I took him to the most reputable that I could find. They all had the same diagnosis...TMJD.

He, like you, can't handle noise. Gone are the days of listening to music, movie theaters, etc.. (he tries to go to theaters, but comes home far worse) He can't even handle the sound of a lawn mover. The ringing and fullness drive him nuts. If the dogs bark or I raise my voice, he clamps his hands around his head and ears.

His friends go to concerts..he can't. He saved his money for a long time and bought a very nice stereo system with a subwoofer. He wasn't going to buy it, but I had to swear that this wouldn't be forever. Unfortunately, it's collecting dust as we speak. I pray that one day soon it can be used.

I know where you're coming from. I too, hope that his story, as well as yours, has a happy ending. He's finally gotten his splint and I'm hoping it works. By the way, this is his 6th splint now. My only hope in life is that my Son is relieved of this mess and that he can go on to live a normal, happy life. Life would feel complete for me then.

Take Care and Hang in There. Life WILL get better.

Cheryl

Last edited by CherylLynn24; 11-02-2003 at 11:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread