It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 12:54 PM   #1
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
Cool CherylLynn,,

I wanted to thank you SO much for your advice to check the Las Vegas alumni dentistry site. I did so and found a doc in my area. I just sent him an email and asked some questions. I will make sure to ask ask ask LOL
thanks again sweetie!!!
I NEVER would have thought of something like that on my own.

Old 09-04-2003, 01:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Hi,

Make sure that you ask, ask, ask, about the cost, too. Seems as though some are asking an arm and leg for treatment. I'll bump up an old post for you entitled: LVI A Ca$h Practice. Read it over.
I'm sure that doesn't apply to all LVI graduates but I'm sure that it does apply to some.
Take Care,
Cheryl

Let us know what he says.

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 09-04-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 03:27 PM   #3
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
I did ask about cost in my first email. It mentions payment plans and stuff like that on his website so i asked for specifics. I will make sure to read that post...thanks for bumping it up!!

Old 09-05-2003, 12:31 AM   #4
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
am I allowed to post parts of his email here? Or just the figures and what they include in more generic terms?

Old 09-06-2003, 07:27 AM   #5
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
Well since I havent gotten an answer I will just quote the two prices he gave me.
He said for the initial consultation and thorough exam it would be $200. Then for all of the testing I would need (he mentioned about 8 tests I could possibly need) that would show us how to treat me the best way possible would be $500. Then we would go on with treatment from there. No prices quoted after that.
What do you think??? is that pretty costly?? I dont have anything to compare it to.

Old 09-06-2003, 10:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Hi,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I've been busy with company. My Son's total charge, everything included, was $1310. I didn't see a splint charge or adjustment charges listed...these are usually the most expensive charges....Did he give you quotes on those? Before accepting treatment, find these charges out.
Cheryl

Old 09-06-2003, 10:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
Hi, you can list his name. I would be happy to read up on him/her.
Diane

Old 09-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #8
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
His name is Prabu Raman, DDS,FICCMO
I will be curious to read what you find, if anything.
He is in Kansas city, Mo.
Please let me know if you find anything.
Thanks!!
Oh by the way, he hasnt answered my questions yet beyond the initial testing. I did ask about the rest of the treatment. I will be curious to see what he says.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
Good morning -
I did a quick peek at his information. It looks like he has some good education behind him. I would ask him if his concentration is on cosmetic more then the treatment of TMD. Also, once you are stablized, what your options would be, ie: perm. splint/braces/restorative work. Now for me, I know that I have all 3 options, some cases though require braces and or restorative. Navy as I recall is going to require restorative due to a previous dentist shaving her teeth, braces out, but can use a perm splint if she so chooses. Then another could not do braces or a perm. splint but had to do restorative work. Each case is very, very diferrent. I would also ask him if it would be possible to speak with a couple of his TMD patients.
Hope this helps
Diane

Old 09-08-2003, 01:19 PM   #10
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
It does!!! Thanks a lot Diane. You sure are a blessing to this board. You too CherylLynn!

edited to add: Im not sure what is meant by restorative work. I have no problems with my teeth whatsoever. Could you explain to me what that means?
Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by NeedANewHead (edited 09-08-2003).]

Old 09-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
Hello-
Okay restortative work - For instance, I have a back molar a dentist pulled, that is one of the causes for me going into such bad TMD symptoms. I am pretty sure they will need to do an implant for that tooth. Navy is going to require restorative work on her back teeth, new bridges, capping or veenering the teeth due to the fact a dentist shaved her teeth. I do not know what all I would need for restorative work, I will most likely go the perm. splint though.
Hope that helps
Diane

Closed Thread